The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Petterson in 3 years could get a $150Million Deal?!

Ryzen

It's possible when in 3 years Elias Petterson is do for his contract it could be worth anywhere from $100Million-$150Million over 8 Years!

I personally believe he is the next Gretzky of the NHL... Give him a couple more years and beef up another 10pds and experience with more skilled players.

I'm calling it now... What do you think?

Just now, HI5 said:

I think we should offer him 365 million over  5 years;  1 million more than boxing star Canelo Alvarez. Making him the highest paid athlete in all major sports.

i dunno man

you forgot to add the value of the highrise condo building

that aquaman is including in that deal

(oh and the case of dad's rootbeer)

I can see a $100 million 8 year deal at an AAV of $12.5 million as a possibility.  Depends on what the maximum team cap is in 3 years and also of course on how well Elias is producing.  If he actually wins the scoring title in the year he becomes an RFA then there is always a possibility his agent will ask for McDavid money.  Can Elias win the scoring title in 3 years?  Maybe.  Will he stay healthy enough to get to that level?  Will the Canucks be able to afford that massive contract against their cap?  Lots of variables involved.

One thing that I think is a very real possibility is that Elias may become the highest paid Vancouver Canucks player ever when he signs his next contract...

32 minutes ago, Ryzen said:

I know it sounds outrageous but a few years back would you have seen a 12.5Million a year contract that McDavid got? In 3 years whom knows how big the Salary Cap will be and or how good EP will be? :)

Wait til Matthews' next deal goes down. He'll be getting $13.5M minimum.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

One thing that I think is a very real possibility is that Elias may become the highest paid Vancouver Canucks player ever when he signs his next contract...

That honour will soon belong to Brock Boeser. Although part of me is clinging onto hope that we'll get him signed to a Willy Nylander $6.9 x 6...

Archived