The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIM] HSG - Season 2 (Applications welcome)

AV.

3 minutes ago, Gimmix said:

Will we be able to know how these players played in their 2018 campaign? I'm finding it difficult to measure value without their most recent performance levels unless I'm to assume we've stepped into a Tardis.

During negotiations, you can ask to see player stats.

With some help from Quacks and Sane, we were able to go through all the sheets and accomplish the following:

1.  Added all the prospects from the draft (and added their AAVs)

2.  Reorganized the prospects list from highest AAV to lowest AAV

3.  Added the cap formula at the top of the sheet so teams can now see how much space they have

4.  Rolled forward the draft picks (2020-2022)

---

If you haven't already, please PM myself AND @Sane33 with regards to negotiating RFA and UFA deals.  Remember to also offer for any minor league players that need new contracts.  If we don't receive offers for them, they will be released into the free-agency.

Updated Re-Sign and Signing Guideline:

A general disclaimer is that there are inevitably exceptions to where players fit in.  While they may meet the criteria of one of these brackets, other factors such as age, pedigree, "name-value", player ambitions/contract considerations, supply and demand, etc may affect where the player sees themselves and how they choose to sign which may move them into a different bracket.  Just because you may view a player as fitting into a certain bracket =/= that they are explicitly in that bracket as another GM could value them differently and offer them a different type of contract.  

This is admittedly tough to implement because it involves taking all of those factors above while using their in-game value/stats and balancing that with what we know for player values in actuality (although, this is something that we will rely less and less on as the we progress during the sim as we will have more sim seasons to go based on).

Have a look:

Spoiler

0.7M - 3M = Bottom-line forwards (0 - 30 pts), bottom line defenders (0 - 15 pts), low-end backups

3.1M - 5.5M = Middle six forwards (35 - 50 pts), 4th-6th defenders (20 - 30 pts, defending at expected level), players with age, pedigree, and upside on their side, decent back-ups, low-end starters

5.6M - 8M = Top 6 forwards (60 - 80 pts), top 4 defenders (35 - 60 pts, great defending), players with age, major pedigree, and major upside on their side, starter goalies

8.1M - 12.5M = Top 3 forwards (85+ points), legitimate top pairing defenders (65+ points, superb defending), any other combination of elite talents or generational players 

These brackets are not perfect by any means but it has been designed to give a general feel of where player values are trending.  With 12.5M being the league maximum, there needs to be more parity in cap-hits as we can't have a select few players in the 8 - 12.5M range and everyone else below.  I am open to comments or criticism about this but any major changes or adjustments would need some sort of majority league approval.

For those that have sent in offers BUT have not heard back from either myself or Sane, feel free to edit your PMs and change up some of the values to adjust.

For those who we have already done negotiations with, please know that we had been negotiating based off this type of guideline.  If there happens to be any lingering concerns, just let us know in the PM and we can find a resolution.

Edited by Alain Vigneault

7 minutes ago, inane said:

Did I miss the ufa spreadsheet somewhere? Or that not happening yet? 

Not up yet.

I just posted this so people know what to offer for re-signings and know what to anticipate for free-agency.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

Need offers from the following:

@falcon45ca

@ColemanStove

@Nail

@Time Lord

@dannyo98

---

Last night, I got back to everybody who PM'd me.  By Wednesday, I'll hopefully have ironed out all the small details and gotten back to everybody else.  Announcements on signings later this week, hopefully FA by Saturday.

Hmmm, I thought I had sent you a PM with my offer list 

• Like 1

Colorado Avalanche:

(C) Mackinnon - Point - Brassard - Compher

(LW) Landeskog - Meier - Kerfoot - Namestnikov

(RW) JT Miller - Athanasiou - Wilson

(Extra) Andrighetto

(LD) Provorov, Girard, ?

(RD) Barrie, Johnson, ?

(Extra) Barberio, ?

(G) Quick, ?

In the system

- Jared McIsaac [LD]

- Justus Annuunen [G]

- AJ Greer [LW]

- Nick Henry [RW]

...heading into free agency, the Avs will be looking to add 2 bottom pairing defensemen, a spare dman, as well as a backup goaltender via signings unless any other trade offers come up along the way.

Having made a handful of moves, the outlook of the roster is now that of a competitive team which should be able to put up a fight against any team on any given night. Going above and beyond with depth, Avs management is confident should the gruelling NHL schedule take a toll on any of the players that there will be immediate and most importantly capable reinforcements ready to step up.

There are a few younger roster players with room to still develop and grow which we are expecting and will continue to monitor throughout the season.

Edited by Generational.EP40

12 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

Hey guys! How are ya? I'm glad to be back. It's going to be hard to recover from that awful Taylor Hall trade. So, my first order of business is putting goaltender Cory Schneider OTB. I can retain, and am looking for a package including a starting goaltender, a stud forward prospect or 1st round pick, and a B level forward prospect or a 2nd round pick. Andy Greene is also available with retention.

Kyle Palmieri [A] - Nico Hicshier - Kasperi Kapanen

Blake Coleman - Travis Zajac [A] - Jesper Bratt

Miles Wood - Pavel Zacha - Joey Anderson

Nathan Bastian - Kevin Rooney - Stefan Noesen

Andy Greene [C] - Damon Severson

Will Butcher - Sami Vatanen

Mirco Mueller - Steve Santini

Cory Schneider

Mackenzie Blackwood

Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you bring to HSG!

27 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

Hey guys! How are ya? I'm glad to be back. It's going to be hard to recover from that awful Taylor Hall trade. So, my first order of business is putting goaltender Cory Schneider OTB. I can retain, and am looking for a package including a starting goaltender, a stud forward prospect or 1st round pick, and a B level forward prospect or a 2nd round pick. Andy Greene is also available with retention.

Kyle Palmieri [A] - Nico Hicshier - Kasperi Kapanen

Blake Coleman - Travis Zajac [A] - Jesper Bratt

Miles Wood - Pavel Zacha - Joey Anderson

Nathan Bastian - Kevin Rooney - Stefan Noesen

Andy Greene [C] - Damon Severson

Will Butcher - Sami Vatanen

Mirco Mueller - Steve Santini

Cory Schneider

Mackenzie Blackwood

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wave 1 Re-Signs:

* - denotes contract will be void if player retires in the game.

Philadelphia Flyers:

Travis Sanheim:  5 x 6M

Travis Konecny: 5 x 5.75M

Ryan Hartman: 2 x 3M

Scott Laughton: 1 x 1.8M

Michael Raffl: 1 x 1.5M

Phil Varone: 1 x 0.7M

Ottawa Senators:

Cody Ceci: 5 x 5M

Colin White: 2 x 2.75M

Christian Wolanin: 2 x 1.5M

Anthony Duclair: 1 x 1.25M

Anders Nilsson - 2 x 2M

Oscar Lindberg - 3 x 2.75M

Pittsburgh Penguins:

Jusso Riikola: 1 x 1M

Marcus Pettersson: 2 x 1.45M

Zach Aston-Reese: 1 x 1.1M

Teodors Blugors: 2 x 1.05M

Boston Bruins

Brandon Carlo: 1 x 2.75M

Charlie McAvoy: 2 x 5.75M

Zdeno Chara*: 1 x 3M

Danton Heinen: 2 x 2.25M

Peter Cehlarik: 1 x 1.1M

Jakub Forsbacka-Karlsson: 1 x 0.9M

Tampa Bay Lightning:

Mikko Rantanen: 5 x 9M

Nikita Zadorov: 2 x 3.3M

Cedric Paquette: 1 x 1.1M

Carter Verhaeghe: 1 x 0.8M

Anton Stralman: 2 x 3.75M

Dan Girardi*: 1 x 1.8M

Adam Erne: 1 x 1M

Hey boys. Looking to hear offers on Byfuglien, Little, Perreault, and Dell. 

Byfuglien - top 4 defence man, top prospect, and a early round pick

Little- top 9 forward and prospect 

Perreault- prospect and a pick 

Dell- anything at all lol 

Also open to to adding more on my side or doing a package deal if it makes sense. Thanks!

• Like 1