-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Perhaps an opportunity to see Gaudette in a top 6 offensive role (sheltered)? Gaudette is producing numbers in Utica in this position, so maybe with Petey out, we can have a brief look.

Agreed.  Then Sutter can play a shutdown role, where he is best suited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Perhaps an opportunity to see Gaudette in a top 6 offensive role (sheltered)? Gaudette is producing numbers in Utica in this position, so maybe with Petey out, we can have a brief look.

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good love the kid, and hopefully pushes sutter out 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Perhaps an opportunity to see Gaudette in a top 6 offensive role (sheltered)? Gaudette is producing numbers in Utica in this position, so maybe with Petey out, we can have a brief look.

Why would Green suddenly trust him?  He had him playing 6-7 minutes a night before his demotion.  Those are must win games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen?

Proably Baertschi although they didn't click at all the first time around.  Goldobin is with Horvat-Boeser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Perhaps an opportunity to see Gaudette in a top 6 offensive role (sheltered)? Gaudette is producing numbers in Utica in this position, so maybe with Petey out, we can have a brief look.

It'd be nice. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him play with Boeser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get this bum Sutter off our team, Gaudette is perfectly capable of filling in his role. 

  • Confused 8
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen?

Gaudette is a shooter, so Goldobin being a playmaker could work. Virtanen has been trusted for his defensive work, so he could add that to the line while giving him offensive looks as well. Maybe this could work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mll said:

Why would Green suddenly trust him?  He had him playing 6-7 minutes a night before his demotion.  Those are must win games.

Well there was no opportunity before. Now with Petey out short term and being shutout once again, it's worth a look. Not saying it'll happen, but I think it would be good. He doesn't have to get 18 minutes, but maybe 13-14 in sheltered offensive starts (so not really "top 6") while still relying on on a shutdown game with two checking lines eating up a bunch of the remaining minutes. I would say it would be sort of the Sedin treatment in their final season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mll said:

Proably Baertschi although they didn't click at all the first time around.  Goldobin is with Horvat-Boeser.

Practice lines?

 

Either way, the W's can flip.

 

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Gaudette is a shooter, so Goldobin being a playmaker could work. Virtanen has been trusted for his defensive work, so he could add that to the line while giving him offensive looks as well. Maybe this could work.

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Roussel, Sutter, Eriksson

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen (sheltered as you noted/possibly swapping Goldy/Baer as per MLL)

Granlund, Beagle, Motte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how Gaudette has suddenly learned how to process the game at NHL pace after so little time in the AHL.  Pavelski/DeBoer were just talking about how Meier was just killing plays when he started instead of learning how to play smart he just wanted to shoot.  That's where Gaudette is at. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mll said:

I don't see how Gaudette has suddenly learned how to process the game at NHL pace after so little time in the AHL.  Pavelski/DeBoer were just talking about how Meier was just killing plays when he started instead of learning how to play smart he just wanted to shoot.  That's where Gaudette is at. 

AG should stay in the minors until after the trade deadline. 

 

Let him get lots of ice in all situations and develop his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mll said:

I don't see how Gaudette has suddenly learned how to process the game at NHL pace after so little time in the AHL.  Pavelski/DeBoer were just talking about how Meier was just killing plays when he started instead of learning how to play smart he just wanted to shoot.  That's where Gaudette is at. 

And he probably hasn't, and no one is suggesting he's a long term fixture. But we are down Petey for a week or two, and who else is going to take over? Our 5-0 loss didn't show much in terms of who could take over, so why not use this as a developmental experience? We are still rebuilding after all and Gaudette getting some looks for a game or two (where he is excelling in the AHL) until Petey returns will allow Gaudette to see more of what he may have to face long term and work on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Practice lines?

 

Either way, the W's can flip.

 

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Roussel, Sutter, Eriksson

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen (sheltered as you noted/possibly swapping Goldy/Baer as per MLL)

Granlund, Beagle, Motte

Gaudette will likely get under 8 minutes of ice time.  Either it benches whoever his wingers are or it messes the lines.  Green right now isn't trusting him and those are must win games to make the post-season and that's Green's objective.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

AG should stay in the minors until after the trade deadline. 

 

Let him get lots of ice in all situations and develop his game.

He will likely be sent down when Pettersson returns. He's shown well in his short stints with Utica and is being rewarded as a first call up.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sense that Sutter has fallen out with the fans lately. I feel the same way, after his "meh" comments regarding Pettersson's injury. I was a big fan of Sutter's, and I still think he's a good player, but it's unfortunate that he reacted the way he did. Next year should be a bit different. Pettersson and Horvat will C the top two lines. And then I think Gaudette gets the 3rd line and then Beagle on the 4th? (Madden might get up by the 2020/21 season) Bye Sutter.  

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

He will likely be sent down when Pettersson returns. He's shown well in his short stints with Utica and is being rewarded as a first call up.

Likely Leivo.  They are at 23 players and will need to move someone to activate him off IR.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mll said:

Gaudette will likely get under 8 minutes of ice time.  Either it benches whoever his wingers are or it messes the lines.  Green right now isn't trusting him and those are must win games to make the post-season and that's Green's objective.  

Well neither Goldobin (or to a lesser extent) Virtanen have been in his 'good books' much recently either.

 

Sheltered 3rd or 4th line minutes, cushy offensive zone starts etc might just give them all the bump they need and produce some secondary offense scoring chances.

 

Just saying.

 

Nobody's suggesting they'd get 1st line usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.