The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7pm Jan 16 2019

xereau

Remember when 4 of the 6 Oilers in their accuracy competition did it slower than kids? Oh. That was this week.:lol:

TEAM ORANGE: (1 point - lowest average time)

Youth Shooter Simon Leung: 19.733

Oilers Shooters (Awarded 1 point for fastest total):

Manning: 23.398 

Rattie: 8.008 (3 points)

Nugent-Hopkins: 11.171

Passers: Russell & Benning

TEAM WHITE:

Youth Shooter Nolan Eastwood: 18.075 (1 point)

Shooters:

Jones: 39.544

Nurse: 29.548

Chiasson: 33.652

Passers: Gravel & Puljujarvi

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/recap-2019-oilers-skills-competition/c-303839048

17 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I haven’t been this excited to watch Canucks hockey in a few years. I’ve always been proud to be a diehard Canucks fan, but this team is close to being something special my friends. Buckle up. It’s going to be a hell of a ride the next few years. Go Canucks Go!

Agreed. We'll be the only dynasty of the 2020s and the most iconic team of all time. 

21 minutes ago, apollo said:

Agreed. We'll be the only dynasty of the 2020s and the most iconic team of all time. 

Just something about EP. He’ll drag this team to the cup if he has to. I think he has the best determination in the league, up there with Crosby. They need to atleast stick Roussell or Jake on his wing for now tho. Next season when he puts on some more size, strength and gets even faster it won’t be as much of an issue.

Hard to believe the Canucks are a.500 hockey team. I have trouble seeing injuries be as bad as November was. That being said are the Canucks closer to the .600 club that December saw? In fact if you take Novemeber out of the equation the Canucks are a .600 club when healthy. Could any team lose Boeser, Pettersson, Suter and Beagel? I know I am missing a few. So before the season started the coaches we're saying they just have to get through November. Well January is here and the schedule is evening out. The other teams are losing their games in hand! At one point in December it looked like the Canucks could be 6-8 points back. To be in the position the Canucks are in as of right now they control their own play-off chances. 

Win one, lose one, that has been the Oiler trend lately.

This will be the first time the Nucks are facing an Oiler defence that is mostly healthy, the last time they had 4 starting dmen injured.

The Canucks have last change so who will Tanev and Edler be checking? The McDavid line or the Lucic/Kassian/? line?

Figure Roussel on McDavid, figure McDavid to draw 3 penalties this game.

I expect there will be some heavy body checks as Edmonton starts gearing up for the playoff spot.

The Canucks are rolling three checking lines so match up's shouldn't be hard, each time McDavid is on the ice I expect at least 4 players hanging back like in a PK role.

Markstrom vs ? Markstrom is rested, not always a good thing for him especially when he was playing hot.

The Canucks have to waive a player so maybe there will be a minor trade instead, so many teams carrying so many injuries.

How many "stick" penalties, hooking, slashing, high stick, spear, trip, … tonight? My guess is 6 altogether.

Just now, TheGuardian_ said:

Win one, lose one, that has been the Oiler trend lately.

This will be the first time the Nucks are facing an Oiler defence that is mostly healthy, the last time they had 4 starting dmen injured.

The Canucks have last change so who will Tanev and Edler be checking? The McDavid line or the Lucic/Kassian/? line?

Figure Roussel on McDavid, figure McDavid to draw 3 penalties this game.

I expect there will be some heavy body checks as Edmonton starts gearing up for the playoff spot.

The Canucks are rolling three checking lines so match up's shouldn't be hard, each time McDavid is on the ice I expect at least 4 players hanging back like in a PK role.

Markstrom vs ? Markstrom is rested, not always a good thing for him especially when he was playing hot.

The Canucks have to waive a player so maybe there will be a minor trade instead, so many teams carrying so many injuries.

How many "stick" penalties, hooking, slashing, high stick, spear, trip, … tonight? My guess is 6 altogether.

They are still pretty weak on the back end! They might have the worst top 4 in the league!

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Fair enough. Elias should only play once ready. This game will most likely be a fairly physical affair, with both teams amped and capable. Might be best for Petterson to sit this one out if he's still got some stiffness or pain.

"Pettersson will be out tonight. Watched his skate briefly but not too much. I hope he's in Friday but it's day-to-day right now. It's not up to me. It's up to him and the training staff. When he's ready to go he'll be in. He's a competitive kid that wants to play. It's a good sign he skated hard today. I like that Petey has the confidence in himself to be strong and pushback on the ice a little when he thinks he can. He's a smart guy, I don't need to tell him when to push on a guy, when not to. He's going to do fine figuring it out on his own." - Green on Pettersson

"We had some goals this year -- we wanted to be faster, harder to play against, develop young players and play meaningful games in the second half. This is about as meaningful as it gets. You want your players to be put into games that matter when the heat is on. This is a game where you want to play your best, but I want them to enjoy it. I think you play your best when you've got good energy and looking forward to playing. That's part of the NHL -- the ones that enjoy these games are ones that play their best." - Green

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Team 1040 asked question

“who was the last defenceman playing for the Canucks to get booed by Canuck fans every time they touched the puck”

answer Matthieu Schneider

Why did we boo Matthew Schneider?

Archived