The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Well, maybe we will have better luck with Benning in the seat .... love Trev but man seeing the look on his face when we dropped the last couple years  :sadno:

Don't trust the lamestream media-hordes..I have it on good authority that BS is gonna parachute into the buildin'. Sutter would be a ballsy choice!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So I guess Benning was the only GM in the entire NHL who felt Boeser was going to go much higher than #23.  I guess Benning is truly a drafting legend...

Benning:  "There's no way Boeser is getting to us.  We're still like 13 more picks"...

Now you're getting it.  22 other teams thought there were better players.  It was a deep draft, but still doesn't explain Boston's mid-round trifecta.

7 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Well, maybe we will have better luck with Benning in the seat .... love Trev but man seeing the look on his face when we dropped the last couple years  :sadno:

need Fin in the seat.

• Like 2

#2 would be quite ideal.  Considering the closed gap between Hughes and Kakko, if the team at #1 weren't particular and Benning really wanted to pair up the Hughes, he could probably make a reasonable draft-day floor trade (send a prospect/pick) to not only get him via the first overall pick but also ramp up the local drama and hype in the process.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Now you're getting it.  22 other teams thought there were better players.  It was a deep draft, but still doesn't explain Boston's mid-round trifecta.

You would think Boston would have taken a "flyer" on Boeser with 3 picks in a row.  He's American as well.  Truly the most bizarre sequence of drafting I have ever seen.  Two of their picks may never even be regulars in the NHL...