The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comedian Wins Ukraine Election

DonLever

On 4/21/2019 at 9:44 PM, drummer4now said:

Whose first campaign promise was to turn off the taps to BC lol.. that never happened.

No it was to put that option on the table not to use it if we don't have to. But I do believe the first order of business is the carbon tax repeal act. :P

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, drummer4now said:

Whose first campaign promise was to turn off the taps to BC lol.. that never happened.

Kenny is only premier - elect.  He does not take over until April 30.  So how could he pass any laws?

On 4/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

It's sad that in North America we don't realize what a joke politics are and express our voice accordingly.  They've elected comedians and pirate parties all over Europe to show what a farce the whole system is. 

Politicians choose to do what's popular instead of what's correct.  

It's akin to a woman with breast cancer coming to a doctor that's played by a politician.  Even though the breast needs to be removed, the politician would ponder and declare that public polls show that breast implants would look the best, and decide on this course of action without dealing with the problem.  

This is what I feel the policits has become.  Just do whatever it takes to get elected again.  

Paul Martin is the last Canadian PM that I admire.  Didn't do much for publicity and took drastic measures to balance our budget (last PM to run a surplus over his tenure I believe). 

This sort of cynicism is the problem. 

Archived