The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I disagree with the Masses this foward group is not the probem

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

7 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

What potential? Calgary dumped him over Mason Raymond for a reason. I think he was going on waivers if the sucker Benning and Weisbrod didn’t come along.

Calgary also put Martin St Louis on waivers, not like they're always a fine judge of young talent over there...

Edited by canuck73_3

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

No it was definitely a blown call, but Vegas choked.  If they killed off the penalty there wouldn't even be any discussion, but they failed.  Vegas should've won game 6, they should've won game 7.  But when the time came, it was Karlsson that made the play in OT for the series winning goal.  Give me a player who rises to the occasion please.  Once again, I will take Karlsson on my team any day.

And Karlsson is doing all this with a seriously injured groin, he's not even close to 100% and still coming in clutch. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

No it was definitely a blown call, but Vegas choked.  If they killed off the penalty there wouldn't even be any discussion, but they failed.  Vegas should've won game 6, they should've won game 7.  But when the time came, it was Karlsson that made the play in OT for the series winning goal.  Give me a player who rises to the occasion please.  Once again, I will take Karlsson on my team any day.

hit man.jpg

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The whole team success was an error. His success included. Vegas should be in still.

ohalloran.jpg

Still need to do something with that opportunity.  If they didn't it would be a failure, but they made good on that opportunity.  Again, if Vegas had killed the penalty this would be a moot point, but THEY CHOKED!!!

• Cheers 1

The Canucks still have large holes at all positions

Signing Karlsson would mean that this team will not be able to keep all of their good young players so that signing would be a huge mistake. Patience, good drafting and player development  are all that is needed.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

Hughes looks good for the PK. And maybe Joulevi might add some D help. If we were in contention "maybe" EK but were not there yet (plus injury concerns). I would rather add youngish type forwards like Lee, Dzingle and possibly Ferland. 

The dark horse is Tryamkin, if Benning can make it so.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hughes looks good for the PK. And maybe Joulevi might add some D help. If we were in contention "maybe" EK but were not there yet (plus injury concerns). I would rather add youngish type forwards like Lee, Dzingle and possibly Ferland. 

The dark horse is Tryamkin, if Benning can make it so.

I don't see Lee leaving the Isles, who should be good with cap space, and I don't see Dzingel leaving Columbus, which is where he went to school I think.

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

The Canucks still have large holes at all positions

Signing Karlsson would mean that this team will not be able to keep all of their good young players so that signing would be a huge mistake. Patience, good drafting and player development  are all that is needed.

Because signing 1 player means all their good young players won't be signed? That's a bunch of crock.  The salary cap will go up every year with increases in revenues.  Everybody is overestimating contracts for these kids.  Are we gonna give Quinn 12 mill after his ELC? I think not.  Pettersson will only get $10 mill + if he is comparable to McDavid.  Alot of contracts will be coming off the books soon, so salary concerns aren't an issue yet.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Still need to do something with that opportunity.  If they didn't it would be a failure, but they made good on that opportunity.  Again, if Vegas had killed the penalty this would be a moot point, but THEY CHOKED!!!

lol giving them a 5min penalty in a game 7 with 10mins to go with both team already tired plus all the emotion and momentum going to San Jose rallying around their fallen captain... it's a huge swing in the game.. defending powerplay against a top 5 power play unit for 5 straight mins.. that's like the Boston rallyed around Rome's hit on horton and took the momentum and ran us out of the series.. 

14 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't see Lee leaving the Isles, who should be good with cap space, and I don't see Dzingel leaving Columbus, which is where he went to school I think.

Dzingel was a healthy scratch last night and Tortorella is not going anywhere while Dzingel is a free agent.