The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I disagree with the Masses this foward group is not the probem

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

Why a new owner?

People blamed him for meddling which set back our rebuild a few years at the very least. Since there is no evidence to conclusively decide who’s at fault for setting back our rebuild, only way to weed out the culprit is to have a new owner and a new gm. Lol

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

People blamed him for meddling which set back our rebuild a few years at the very least. Since there is no evidence to conclusively decide who’s at fault for setting back our rebuild, only way to weed out the culprit is to have a new owner and a new gm. Lol

I don't even know where to begin. 

• Upvote 2

We still need forwards too. Baer aside (because of injuries) we only have 1 top 6 winger. That needs to be improved.

There is a great opportunity to help fix the problem with our 10th overall pick, but that won't be immediately.

I agree our defense needs help, but with Hughes, Juolevi, and hopefully Woo. We are starting off on the right path. Who knows maybe Rafferty surprises us & becomes a player like Stecher has. 

Ultimately the teams has a major holes both upfront & on the back end. The young talent we have is promising, but still a work in progress. 

31 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

We still need forwards too. Baer aside (because of injuries) we only have 1 top 6 winger. That needs to be improved.

There is a great opportunity to help fix the problem with our 10th overall pick, but that won't be immediately.

I agree our defense needs help, but with Hughes, Juolevi, and hopefully Woo. We are starting off on the right path. Who knows maybe Rafferty surprises us & becomes a player like Stecher has. 

Ultimately the teams has a major holes both upfront & on the back end. The young talent we have is promising, but still a work in progress. 

We need to buy the extra pieces. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Targeting a younger dman in the age group of our core will cost assets, likely assets that people aren't willing to give up (at least for a decent player). Getting rid of Eriksson isn't a simple task and again, might cost assets to do so. I'm sure if every GM could get rid of their bad contracts willy nilly, then they would do so in a heartbeat. All of your "solutions" are not easy to accomplish and if done so, there will be something else to complain about like not likely the deals made to accomplish these goals.

well the solution sure isn't erik karlsson then is it?   you wanna pay him till he is 37 years old  at 12 million  a year  I rather target Jacob trouba  he is a free agent  that wont cost assets   and yes getting rid loui isn't going to be easy but you can send him to robidias island the same island sam gagner visited  and the only compliant I have is loui  doesn't hit  scored 11 goals  all year  and of course some one will say oh he checks well  sure he does cashing 6 million dollars checks

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Baer is one of the more physical fwds and probably the best of the bunch along the boards.  I don't know where this idea came from that Baer is a small, soft player.  Hes not.

Idk how you think Baer is physical, he rarely throws hits and doesn’t hit to hurt. In fact he is always on the receiving end of them(albeit dirty ones) and often ends up injured. Some games he looks good on the forecheck and others he gets knocked off the puck too easily. He just can’t be relied on anymore, right now the only thing he has going for him is that his value is too low to trade and he has good chemistry with Bo.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well the solution sure isn't erik karlsson then is it?   you wanna pay him till he is 37 years old  at 12 million  a year  I rather target Jacob trouba  he is a free agent  that wont cost assets   and yes getting rid loui isn't going to be easy but you can send him to robidias island the same island sam gagner visited  and the only compliant I have is loui  doesn't hit  scored 11 goals  all year  and of course some one will say oh he checks well  sure he does cashing 6 million dollars checks

Trouba is an RFA, so yes it will cost assets.

Sending Eriksson down to the minors takes him off the team, but doesn't take away the cost of the player. At least he provides some value to the team in some way and his cap hit has no effect on team as we have 27 million in cap space, so we are really looking at a roster spot that he's taking and it's not like we have any better scorers ready to step into his supposed scoring role just yet unless you want to bring in another UFA.

I'm not saying signing EK is the answer either though, but he would instantly become our #1 dman and not cost us any assets. I think it would solve a big problem we've had only at the expense of cap/salary. However his health is the reason I'm not as interested in bringing him in as him playing part time isn't going to help our team enough for his contract.

36 minutes ago, ButterBean said:

Idk how you think Baer is physical, he rarely throws hits and doesn’t hit to hurt. In fact he is always on the receiving end of them(albeit dirty ones) and often ends up injured. Some games he looks good on the forecheck and others he gets knocked off the puck too easily. He just can’t be relied on anymore, right now the only thing he has going for him is that his value is too low to trade and he has good chemistry with Bo.

Being physical doesn't mean throwing hits......hitting is barely a part of the game anymore.  Baer goes hard in the corners, hard in front of the net and hard along the boards.  He is, in my opinion, the best board player on the Canucks.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If you'd rather have a Kole Lind than Sven Baertschi you are a straight up moron. 

Nope, it’s morons like you that defend every bad move our organization makes just because it’s our organization. Think about how retarded that is.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tomatoes11 said:

Nope, it’s morons like you that defend every bad move our organization makes just because it’s our organization. Think about how retarded that is.

No, that wasn't a bad move. LE signing was a bad move the Baertschi trade was not. There is a difference. Keep blindly hating Baertschi though, says a lot more about you than him. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nope, Kyle Okposo. Although he can still maybe turn it around. It was a bad FA class. 

To be fair to Okposo, the vast majority of his issues stem from concussion/injury. Hard to blame a guy for that.

• Cheers 3