The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Oct. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The PP hasn't been good at all, but is it the coaching or the players? They seem to be able to set up and get chances, but maybe it's the players trying to pick corners with their whippy sticks, or lobbing softies into a crowd of players, when they could hammer a low shot and hope for a rebound or deflection. I would like to see Pettersson play a little more pi**ed off and attack, rather than the cerebral Sedin-like game. And Bo has not been the same player since getting the C. I`m sure he`s a real leader and great in the room, but he has to be their best player every night, or at least try to be.  

2 hours ago, Mustapha said:

I feel bad for Quinn, would have been nice if his teammates showed up for him. Who am I kidding? This team is full of UFA mercs who just want to get paid.

One of them gets 6 million dollars just to sit healthy the press box FFS. I bet Loui just loves Travis Green. /s

Franchise defensemen dont exist in Vancouver, if I was Quinn Hughes I would want to get as far away from this team as possible. Markstrom will be fleeing the coop at the end of the year, he's a smart man.

Calm down man! Just game #7 and still a lot of games to be played.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The PP hasn't been good at all, but is it the coaching or the players? They seem to be able to set up and get chances, but maybe it's the players trying to pick corners with their whippy sticks, or lobbing softies into a crowd of players, when they could hammer a low shot and hope for a rebound or deflection. I would like to see Pettersson play a little more pi**ed off and attack, rather than the cerebral Sedin-like game. And Bo has not been the same player since getting the C. I`m sure he`s a real leader and great in the room, but he has to be their best player every night, or at least try to be.  

Fire Newell

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Teams are blocking a lot of our shots.

Think we have to start working our way to the net more often ... those greasy goals count just the same as the ones set up perfectly then one timed.  Because they aren't getting through.

I did see some good movement from Brock (on one of our 500 PP's)...quick and didn't give the defenders a chance to position themselves.  But often, they do have that time as we do sometimes look for the perfect set up.

As a wise man once said:  "shotsshotsshotsshotsshotsshots..."

22 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I didn't see them relaxed at the start...they actually came out with some jump and seemed prepared.

Morning, road game...I also don't agree it was a "should" win...it wasn't going to be easy despite the opponent.  Teams are tough in their own rink and the officiating was awful so that was a thing.  But our PP was even worse...so that's a bigger thing.  Plus a good goal called off that would have changed the face of the game.  But spilled milk.  Move on and do better.

A lot of blocked shots by NJ (23?!...really??)...teams are doing that but it'll take a toll over time.

I feel we try to set up a lot of one timers and that gives the other team too much time to also set up...especially if a pass goes awry.  I feel like we need more net crashing and causing chaos rather than passing around the perimeter, hoping for a lane to open up. 

I feel that it needs a bit more mixing up.  

yup second the blocked shots,  and we also had alot thrown at the net that missed.

like that we kept our goals against low even while trying to catch up the whole game.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TheRocket18 said:

felt like jaques lemaire was behind both benches at times with the amount of trapping going on on both sides.

Always amazed that teams like the Devils and Wild can go through decades of changes, new coaches, new line up, even acquiring offence first players, still play the same old boring trap style year after year.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Stuff like that gets discussed in the room airing it to the media does nothing. Everyone with a pulse can see the PP is an issue right now... 

Yeah fair enough. Maybe they could like, change it up? Try something different? Banging their head against the wall atm. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Mustapha said:

I feel bad for Quinn, would have been nice if his teammates showed up for him. Who am I kidding? This team is full of UFA mercs who just want to get paid.

One of them gets 6 million dollars just to sit healthy the press box FFS. I bet Loui just loves Travis Green. /s

Franchise defensemen dont exist in Vancouver, if I was Quinn Hughes I would want to get as far away from this team as possible. Markstrom will be fleeing the coop at the end of the year, he's a smart man.

Funny you weren't around for the homestand.  When we beat the SC Champs despite being down in the game.

I'd probably put some weight behind your comments if you chimed in with something positive every now and then.  Because only suckers for punishment stick around if it's always horrible. 

I feel bad for Quinn if he ever happens across comments from "fans" who've already packed it in.  The ones who conveniently forget to show up when they win and never have anything good to say.

Only chickens fly the coop...and cry out that the sky is falling.   

You're not Quinn (or Marky) so projecting what you'd do isn't what they should or would do.

• Cheers 2