The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Oct. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, fecklund said:

He's not a liability defensively though (+3) which is going to keep you in the lineup of most teams. Being big and fast doesn't hurt either.
Virtanen is the classic late blooming power forward in my opinion. 
He's only 23. I think he'll become that guy, whether it's here or somewhere else.

Bertuzzi was a 17 point player until he was 25, then boom -> went from 50 points to 97 points in the next 3-4 years.

Not saying Virt is a 100 pt player, but 50 is easily reachable if things go his way.

And A LOT of things will have to go his way 

1 minute ago, buddyguy said:

And A LOT of things will have to go his way 

I mentioned Bertuzzi not because I believe he's a comparable to Virtanen, rather, his transition from average player, to superstar, happened very quickly.
Suddenly, Keanan and Messier are gone, replaced by Marc Crawford, and boom the West Coast Express is born.

Things can change very quickly as we saw with a very bad St. Louis team last year. They change the coach and a goalie, and win a Stanley cup.

I wish that there would be a rule change regarding penalty being called in last two minutes.  Even if there's 20 seconds or 10 seconds left in the clock, they could do anything to commit a penalty to prevent any momentum toward goal so I would suggest, if a team has the control of the puck and time still ticks, and runs out, the penalty should  be called and the clock goes back to the point of the infraction occurred and give them the powerplay.  A Devil cross check Petterson, time runs out, penalty called and give them a 10 seconds powerplay, that's when the point of infraction happened and ran out of the clock similar to special rules that the NFL employs, a penalty flag when time goes down, an untimely down is being played.  NHL doesn't have that such rules in case of a penalty just to prevent winning a battle along the board.  Even if penalty occurred 1:30 left in the game but clock ran down to 1:10, give them 1:30 of powerplay time.  That could be league's own special rules.  The point of this rule is to restore the lost time because of an infraction.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Hit by edler 10/10 

Hide contents

Coleman sold it

This is after the violent head throwback.  He was on his back...rolled over then peeked to see if the ref was looking.  I've broken it down, frame by frame (won't post them all unless I have to to prove a point).  It's ridiculous.  These are in order.  It actually looks like Eddie might be laughing at him a bit.  

image.png

image.png

image.png
^^LOOKS FOR THE REF ... "DID HE SEE??" ... THEN DOES THE FULL ON FACE COVER "I'M DAMAGED....HALP".  Pathetic.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Newell Brown?

y.gif

This blaming Newell brown garbage is getting old ... It just takes 1 snipe and we couldn't get on on the PP. 

missed nets, blocked shots aren't on the coach. The boys just couldn't muster up enough this morning. 

We still look very promising, one 10am joke of a start time game isn't gonna dampen anyone's hopes. This team is still a serious contender. 

• Upvote 1

Levio and Schaller were both terrible 

EP played his worst game as a Canuck 

Powerplay was pathetic 

Our Shooting was awful 

we took NJ for granted and we need to realize we are not good enough to take any team for granted 

Fire Newell Brown

Waive Schaller

call up Baer 

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

This blaming Newell brown garbage is getting old ... It just takes 1 snipe and we couldn't get on on the PP. 

missed nets, blocked shots aren't on the coach. The boys just couldn't muster up enough this morning. 

We still look very promising, one 10am joke of a start time game isn't gonna dampen anyone's hopes. This team is still a serious contender. 

Serious contenders don’t crap the bed against  other marginal teams 

the Canucks are far from being a contender...today was a reminder of that

• Wat 1

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is after the violent head throwback.  He was on his back...rolled over then peeked to see if the ref was looking.  I've broken it down, frame by frame (won't post them all unless I have to to prove a point).  It's ridiculous.  These are in order.  It actually looks like Eddie might be laughing at him a bit.  

image.png

image.png

image.png
^^LOOKS FOR THE REF ... "DID HE SEE??" ... THEN DOES THE FULL ON FACE COVER "I'M DAMAGED....HALP".  Pathetic.

image.png

I noticed that immediately on the replay as well. In grimacing pain yet has the ability to peek at the ref. Watch his head snap back 3 seconds after contact 

total embellishment 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 2