The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Cause with the oil Industry.....people either support it or hate.....don't get me wrong there's a lot in the middle that see both sides, the good and bad....

under Harper , he made people respect the indusrty and made sure to show all sides of the oil.....

aint that the truth....sorry to hear about your friend. 

I actually think Harper did far more harm than good, outside of Alberta he managed to create so much division things got to a stand still. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Get over it. No really, just get over it. All that anger in Alberta is impotent and probably shortening lives. 

Enjoy the high salary ride while it lasts, and quit yer bitchin' as they say. 

Scrap c48 and c69, get TMX done and a pipeline to the east coast and the "bitchin" is done. Otherwise...

Screenshot_20200113-000608_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1576557732304.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Get over it. No really, just get over it. All that anger in Alberta is impotent and probably shortening lives. 

Enjoy the high salary ride while it lasts, and quit yer bitchin' as they say. 

You're also forgetting things like "let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark". The average hard working Ontarian didn't deserve that comment. You guys have been whinging and bitching for decades now. 

I see you made an edit. The was the absolute right thing to say. Peter the great is a legend. Don't be criticizing one of the greatest leaders in the history of the world.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Scrap c48 and c69, get TMX done and a pipeline to the east coast and the "bitchin" is done. Otherwise...

FB_IMG_1576557732304.jpg

I don't care which comes first just build the pipeline lol 

dont get me wrong I'm curious to see if they change an business tax policies or what happens if Alberta becomes its own country lol 

you only live once and just think I could tell my grand kids I helped free a province or three lmfao

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I don't care which comes first just build the pipeline lol 

dont get me wrong I'm curious to see if they change an business tax policies or what happens if Alberta becomes its own country lol 

you only live once and just think I could tell my grand kids I helped free a province or three lmfao

Exactly. 

I would like a western Canada as well but don't want the lower mainland. B)

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I see you made an edit. The was the absolute right thing to say. Peter the great is a legend. Don't be criticizing one of the greatest leaders in the history of the world.

Lougheed was short sighted and helped create the acrimonious state of oil in Canada. I'm not saying he had to accept PETs ideas, but he missed an opportunity to solidify both domestic and non-US market access. 

But boy that comment felt good, am i rite? got PET real gud. #worthit 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Lougheed was short sighted and helped create the acrimonious state of oil in Canada. I'm not saying he had to accept PETs ideas, but he missed an opportunity to solidify both domestic and non-US market access. 

So you are criticizing Peter the Great and you have the audacity to wonder why somebody with red license plates would try to run you off the highway. It all makes sense now Jim

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So you are criticizing Peter the Great and you have the audacity to wonder why somebody with red license plates would try to run you off the highway. It all makes sense now Jim

:blink:

now you're starting to scare me a little. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

As someone that was in the school system at the time when Harper took office I saw first hand just by helping oil what he did....the boom in 90's was nice but Harper brought it further and made Canada one of the leaders in the industry ....he treated Canada like a business and I like that and I miss that. 

Maybe harper will come run Alberta once it's free lol

edit* also saw how many poor farmers finally caught a break if they found oil on their land....thx to oil grain grew in Manitoba and s.k I seen that first hand

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

As someone that was in the school system at the time when Harper took office I saw first hand just by helping oil what he did....the boom in 90's was nice but Harper brought it further and made Canada one of the leaders in the industry ....he treated Canada like a business and I like that and I miss that. 

Maybe harper will come run Alberta once it's free lol

nah the Harpers are going to be the Royal Family of Albertastan. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nah the Harpers are going to be the Royal Family of Albertastan. 

Hey works for me lol 

i don't remember seeing the queen at any hockey games or rodeos lmfao

edit* funny thing is my grandma's family name is Harper lmfao no relation though to Peter the great though lol

Edited by RowdyCanuck

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

FB_IMG_1576557732304.jpg

lol says the guy who freaked out when I said you hated canada. i've never seen any one with such a victim mentality yet be such an abusive partner in my life.

Just curious about the plan for what comes after Alberta cedes from Canada....specifically the pipeline:

Do you continue shipping your oil through a foreign owned pipeline, or do you make us an offer we can't refuse? I could see the Canadian government using it a leverage in any "negotiations", in regards to the mechanism by which Wexit is carried out. Might be tough to wring any concessions out of JT with that hanging over your head.....

BTW: The FT St. John area might be interested in joining your new country, but the rest of us aren't. Even those of us who don't live in the LM.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, inane said:

lol says the guy who freaked out when I said you hated canada. i've never seen any one with such a victim mentality yet be such an abusive partner in my life.

Honestly you got to be thankful to be in a country to were we can bash our government or country......

3 minutes ago, inane said:

I have never once said I hate Canada. 

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just curious about the plan for what comes after Alberta cedes from Canada....specifically the pipeline:

Do you continue shipping your oil through a foreign owned pipeline, or do you make us an offer we can't refuse? I could see the Canadian government using it a leverage in any "negotiations", in regards to the mechanism by which Wexit is carried out. Might be tough to wring any concessions out of JT with that hanging over your head.....

BTW: The FT St. John area might be interested in joining your new country, but the rest of us aren't. Even those of us who don't live in the LM.

First off this is where wexit will fail. The appetite isn't there in BC and Manitoba. Honestly the only options are Alberta alone or Alberta and Saskatchewan together. Likely Alberta on it's own imo.

To the first part, I believe we would continue selling our oil at a reduced rate to the US but saving the 20 plus billion we give to Ottawa. That being said it wouldn't be a hate each other relationship, Canada and Alberta would be natural trading partners and we could supply oil and gas to much of Canada. As for the pipeline no doubt Ottawa would put a levy on it but certainly negotiations would take place as Alberta could shut all BC gas lines going through our land. 

• Cheers 1