The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Give me a break. Loui DID NOT deserve the fake high sticking call penalty when his stick did not hit diver nurse. That was just a pathetic call and anyone can see that.

...well...apparently not anyone.  :picard:

Look waving your stick near a guys eyes and teeth is a stupid idea from the start, and the ref is going to call it if its close.....

Imagine if a guy does that to Petey………...how do you respond then? 

So, the way to curtail it is to call the close ones regardless....and I totally believe the ref thought it happened......

Did Nurse sell it....yup, you bet...……...then it is the referees decision if he wants to give him the embellishment call....

He didn't...………...

Stupid of Loui putting it up there, so the ref can be wrong!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gutsy effort after a long road trip, without a day off!! Good one NHL schedule makers! This type of schedule definitely takes a toll on the body, may have something to do with why we lose so many guys to the IR year after year.

Also... 

It’s not fair to throw Loui under the bus, Nurse and those refs should be embarrassed over those plays. 

And finally...

Time for some well deserved rest, come back stronger for the next one!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

While I somewhat agree with your comments, There is still no reason to allow him to take up a spot on the team when they could allow one of many other deserving players take his place.  God know, NO ONE can do worse than him, let alone he is a CANCER and BAD EXAMPLE to the younger players showing them that mediocre, lazy uninterested playing gets rewarded.    That's NOT the way it works in my books!

Take it easy man, you have an unhealthy obsession with hating on Louie.  

He's stunk it up ever since he signed here, but he's actually been good over the last two games.  He was one of the best forecheckers and created a lot of scoring chances over the last two games.  

He deserves to be on the team over guys like Goldy, Baer, Graovac and MacEwen although I have higher hopes for Zach as soon as he gains a bit more experience in the NHL. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

And the non call on Boeser should have been a double minor reduced to 2 due to the goal.  

And the blown call on Tanev with 3 minutes left.

and Nurse should have gone for embellishment on both calls. 

So actually 4 blown calls... 

They also had a goal waved off that probably should've been a goal

50 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Look waving your stick near a guys eyes and teeth is a stupid idea from the start, and the ref is going to call it if its close.....

Imagine if a guy does that to Petey………...how do you respond then? 

So, the way to curtail it is to call the close ones regardless....and I totally believe the ref thought it happened......

Not did Nurse sell it....yup, you bet...……...then it is the referees decision if he wants to give him the embellishment call....

He didn't...………...

Stupid of Loui putting it up there, so the ref can be wrong!

see below:

Initiate the obstruction hooking penalty, 

my childhood died during this era. 

so many penalties now. So participation ribbons now. 

realize I’m stepping near the pet cemetery so I’m outs 

see yahs next time cdc, you heard it first from Kent Brockman 

Caddos 

Edited by Rick_theRyper

The reffing overall was kind of bull$&!#. Didn't get a double minor when Boeser was cut up by a high stick when he scored. Didn't get a charging call when Neal drove Tanev into the boards. Nurse should have gone to the bench one of the times for diving. Canucks deserved the win, but special teams decided the game. We really need our top PKers back

• Like 1