The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

If only we had a few of these players.

is myers ever going to score or at least get a point? What has it been over 20 games at least since he’s got an assist! And he’s NOT a stay at home defensemen who uses his size. He makes the same as Eriksson yet everyone just bashed Eriksson non stop and says nothing about Myers 

Well I guess if he goes a couple of years at this scoring pace people will be more vocal. Meyers isn't playing absolutely horrible, but yeah it would be great if he scored.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, peaches5 said:

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I know Loui's 2 penalties cost us the game but to be fair, he was a lot more engaged than before playing with offensive linemates... I feel that if he can consistently play in top 6 role,he will get to produce!! 

There have been long stretches where he's played top 6 and he hasn't really produced consistently since he's been here.

Edited by Fan since 82
Didn't mean to quote the peaches5 comment.

57 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Nurse embellished but not flagrantly and he isn't exactly someone with a rep around the league as a diver or someone who plays "dirty". Gotta love the irony/timing of so much mention of diving after this game when they'll be honoring arguably the most prolific diver in Canuck (possibly NHL) history in the next game.

Not flagrantly?  He did it 3 times last night...not sure that's really easy to hide.  He'll have a rep soon enough if he doesn't already.

And show some respect/class....if you had an axe to grind with Burr, it's not the time nor the place for that.  Burr had to pay his dues....maybe try to move on/put it in the past.  This is the pgt and I don't recall that Burr played last night, but Nurse certainly did (in dramatic fashion).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Jesus &^@#ing Christ. From how many perspectives can you rabid jerks go on about Loui? :oIt's not a rhetorical question; you think he blew it – and the rest of us get it. Does it need repeating? (Not rhetorical). No. At leat not today. 

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not flagrantly?  He did it 3 times last night...not sure that's really easy to hide.  He'll have a rep soon enough if he doesn't already.

And show some respect/class....if you had an axe to grind with Burr, it's not the time nor the place for that.  Burr had to pay his dues....maybe try to move on/put it in the past.  This is the pgt and I don't recall that Burr played last night, but Nurse certainly did (in dramatic fashion).

Like you Burrows has always had a soft spot in my heart, can't wait for Tuesday:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, peaches5 said:

It wasn't a high stick. Boeser was on high knees.

Not sure there's provision or allowance despite that:

60.1 High-sticking - A "high-stick" is one which is carried above the height of the opponent's shoulders. A player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

So are you not still responsible for making sure you don't, even if the guy's down?  I'd hope so or it could open up a whole can of "woops, didn't mean to/he was down" stuff.

• Cheers 1

1185689462_slide.jpg

Whoawhoawhoa whiplash #1...followed the next night by:  being caught in a tornado then shot at. 

Or maybe this was a matter of throw your hands in the air like you just don't care dance moves?  Don't shoot, I surrender dark alley?  I dunno.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

The diving will come back to bite them as the season wears on. The first LE call on Nurse was as bad as it gets. I hope he gets a fine for that.

In total agreeance. Darnell Nurse is supposed to be a tough guy? Last night's theatrics say far, far differently. What a weasel

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

I like Benn but he is exposed when Edler is not in the lineup 

Remember the annual trade Edler talks and how bad of a player he supposedly was that was handcuffing us by not allowing us to trade him and thus not a team first guy?

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Still wondering how the fu*k the league thought it would be ok to schedule a home game on the second night of a back to back after an 8k km 6 game road trip (7 game trip if you add last nights game) I'm surprised the boys had any gas left in the tank for last nights game.

It’s a new month, clearly they thought we wouldn’t notice how dumb it is. Stupid Canucks’ fans, amirite?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Still wondering how the fu*k the league thought it would be ok to schedule a home game on the second night of a back to back after an 8k km 6 game road trip (7 game trip if you add last nights game) I'm surprised the boys had any gas left in the tank for last nights game.

yeah, that's unbelievable