The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Musical LTIR's, all the cool kids are doing it these days.

Ferland will likely be on LTIR for awhile anyways so there’s no rush.

Even though he’s skating I’m think they keep him out longer for precautionary reasons. Another concussion and his career might be in danger.

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ferland will likely be on LTIR for awhile anyways so there’s no rush.

Even though he’s skating I’m think they keep him out longer for precautionary reasons. Another concussion and his career might be in danger.

Ferland is on retroactive LTIR and is set to return soon. 

8 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

That is absolutely disgusting.  He should  be suspended if the league is serious about stopping that kind of crap.  Looks like a  European soccer player ffs.

:lol:

I never thought I would see spanishor italian soccer players in a hockey rink. 

Sorry Loui I blamed that penalty on you. 

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I think generally it's fine, could use some tuning of course, but McDavid isn't leading the league in points because he's not capable of exploiting these situations. I like to see how our PK would fare when we get back Beagle and Sutter along with Motte and Roussel. Those guys are pretty much all of our regular PK guys along with Horvat and Pearson I'd say. Didn't help to have Edler out as well. I know it sounds redundant to blame injuries, but I don't think it's really any surprise that our PK has been slipping of late with those guys out.

Motte and Roussel are quicker and could track the puck better while hopefully Sutter and Beagle are winning possession to break up the opportunities before they could even occur. The ripple effect to not have Horvat and Miller on the PK as often is not negligible either.

You forgot Loui. It might be a reason why Nurse dived with Loui beside him. 

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

You forgot Loui. It might be a reason why Nurse dived with Loui beside him. 

If all those players return and no other injuries are on the roster then it is unlikely he'll be in the lineup. Not sure if he survives the numbers crunch either at that point to stay on the NHL roster at all. Loui is serviceable on the PK, but not needed as much as those mentioned players due to other value they provide.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If all those players return and no other injuries are on the roster then it is unlikely he'll be in the lineup. Not sure if he survives the numbers crunch either at that point to stay on the NHL roster at all. Loui is serviceable on the PK, but not needed as much as those mentioned players due to other value they provide.

Well, it depends on wich strategy Green adapt. Loui fit the way they played against Ed and he did a good job against McDavid in the first game. What happened in the second game when he was out? He can actually be the reason Nurse targeted him with diving. He could have dived close to Horvat... A diver can pick his victims. 

Statiscally wise Loui was among the best pk las season. 

45 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, it depends on wich strategy Green adapt. Loui fit the way they played against Ed and he did a good job against McDavid in the first game. What happened in the second game when he was out? He can actually be the reason Nurse targeted him with diving. He could have dived close to Horvat... A diver can pick his victims. 

Statiscally wise Loui was among the best pk las season. 

Almost every player that is returning can PK. Sutter and Beagle are centers, so easy to have them over LE. Motte and Roussel add speed and grit on top of the PK abilities. We still have Horvat, Miller, Pearson and Schaller who all can PK as well, although Schaller may not survive the numbers crunch either for a similar reason that the returning guys can all PK well and Schaller despite having a good start to the year has cooled off.

Nurse didn't target LE for the diving. LE made questionable plays and Nurse took advantage of it. It's up to the refs to decide if they will bite. Even if Nurse "chose" LE to target, then that is more reason that he might not make the numbers crunch because players will view him as an easier target knowing his skating isn't the greatest and can draw penalties from him. If he could've chosen Horvat, then he would have because why would you try to take off a winger rather than a top faceoff man center that is currently key to our PK?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

he could've chosen Horvat, then he would have because why would you try to take off a winger rather than a top faceoff man center that is currently key to our PK?

Go figure, they play different so Loui might be harder for McDavid to handle. 

Loui is only a depth player, I know, but I also believe Green mostly adapt a strategy not suitable for Loui. 

45 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Go figure, they play different so Loui might be harder for McDavid to handle. 

Loui is only a depth player, I know, but I also believe Green mostly adapt a strategy not suitable for Loui. 

Le would need to adapt to Green's strategy. Green isn't going to change his approach to accommodate one player. If Loui wanted change, he shouldn't have used his NTC to nix the rumoured potential deal then. At the end of the day, with LE in the lineup, it didn't stop McDavid from doing his thing (4 points in the back to back games against us).

Edited by theo5789

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Le would need to adapt to Green's strategy. Green isn't going to change his approach to accommodate one player. If Loui wanted change, he shouldn't have used his NTC to nix the rumoured potential deal then. At the end of the day, with LE in the lineup, it didn't stop McDavid from doing his thing (4 points in the back to back games against us).

Do you really think Loui is the only player on the team that have a hard time with Greens strategy? 

And who to blame for the goals? Loui wasn't in on at least 2 of them... 

Edited by Timråfan

On 12/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, linden17 said:

Did u see the first penalty?  It was clearly unlucky stick work. Don’t make it seem like he went out and did on purpose. If you’re a fan that acknowledges the game that was played you would realize that that was not what cost us the game. We had four shots in like 18 minutes of game play. You can sugar coat it like you did saying “I get after edler, Myers blah blah” . But really what your saying is I look at the summary and go by that. Loui actually has played well the last two games. What lost is the game was four shots in 18 minutes. Give it up. Try again.

..... Clearly you didn't read my initial post on this thread. I said the team deserved to lose because it took them 12 minutes to wake up in the third. I was merely arguing with other posters on the thread that seemed to hold Loui/the team completely faultless and only blame the refs on the loss. 

I never said Loui went out and got the first penalty on purpose. I said he was being careless and he should know better than that, especially being the veteran he is. I don't blame the loss on Loui alone, but he was a factor in it and anyone who denies that is delusional 

Not the best plated game but a good outcome. I have no problem with the penalties called on us, they all looked legit IMO, my problem is all the penalties that should have been called on Buffalo but weren't a couple of blatant interference and of course the head shot on Bo.