The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gas Price Gouging in BC!!!!

Lazurus

On 3/9/2020 at 3:44 AM, Toyotasfan said:

Maybe the government should have another study to see if we pay too much for gas in B.C.

that did a lot for us .

That study is still going on, that is what my MLA office told me. We need a referendum like they have in the states or start a class action lawsuit.

Price gouging during a "Declared Pandemic" Oil prices 1/2 of what they were down to under 30 a barrel

On 3/9/2020 at 1:59 AM, Ryan Strome said:

Doesn't BCs lower mainland have additional fuel taxes the rest of BC doesn't have?

transit tax but I am posting about ALL of BC  Only BC is paying more than a dollar a liter in North America, N.A. average is around 80 cents a liter

On 3/9/2020 at 3:04 AM, Boudrias said:

Stop that. We have a world of ignorance being spewed here. To much fun. Being overly confident in what you don’t know is to much entertainment.

Well some stuff is guessing by some posters but the prices are public knowledge. Hell even the oil price and gas surplus is news worthy just not the price we pay here or why.

7 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

transit tax but I am posting about ALL of BC  Only BC is paying more than a dollar a liter in North America, N.A. average is around 80 cents a liter

Well some stuff is guessing by some posters but the prices are public knowledge. Hell even the oil price and gas surplus is news worthy just not the price we pay here or why.

What % of your pump price is the cost of crude? How much is distribution? How much is profit margin? How much is the government take? How much do the retailers make? Many components in a complex industry. People try to simplify it by focussing on crude cost. 

1 hour ago, Lazurus said:

I just fueled up in Leduc Alberta on my way home to chestermere, 82.9 and Alberta is the lowest in Canada. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

Just now, Shift-4 said:

exactly this attitude keeps it high  lol

What else can one do besides try to be positive and drive less ? Are you actively protesting for lower gas prices?   I bike to work regularly, but sometimes just need to drive places... it's been a while since gas was under 1.20 in my area let alone under a dollar.. 

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

sucker  :P

I don't feel like one.. yet :ph34r: where do you reside that is so affordable ? 

I actually feel blessed to be able to comfortably afford a home and pay for my over priced gas when needed.

If I had to feel like a sucker about something it would be my strata complex insurance going up 118% from last year. such a joke. 

15 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I don't feel like one.. yet :ph34r: where do you reside that is so affordable ? 

I actually feel blessed to be able to comfortably afford a home and pay for my over priced gas when needed.

If I had to feel like a sucker about something it would be my strata complex insurance going up 118% from last year. such a joke. 

Calgary

moved over 20 years ago

not looking back