Canuck Surfer

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Leave the thread for a couple days and things go to hell in a hand basket. This is exactly what Bettman wants. He is gonna relocate the Canucks if we don’t straighten up :(  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite a few ramblings I personally don't consider any stadium unsafe for the return to play if the right safeguards are taken. How many people in the area have the virus doesn't really matter as much as more important things like if it's done in complete isolation with constant testing. I have a bit of faith in the business world that they can certainly provide the aspects necessary to complete the task, along with strict security, intense testing, and a collaborative effort. It would be an honor to partake in such an endeavor and I would expect everyone from the players, trainers, owners, media, and cleaning staff (hopefully secluded and thoroughly vetted) to be better than they ever have in regards to the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who said vintage had moved to the north pole to escape cov’d 19? he didn’t even make it as far as smithers. safer here, you never know who the polar bears have been indiscreet with. glad he is back. we need a hockey fix. 

  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, coastal.view said:

you just know

that laffy

will end up as a laff

it's just going to happen

Ohh man

 Scary thought

But I'd rather him laff than any US team...i just want him in Canada...

 

What if he goes east conference.. I wouldn't get him watch play... 

 

Call me selfish but i spend a lot of time travelling in 3 cities.. van edm and tml and I go watch games...

 

Right now I'm in edm for atleast next 3 months so I'm glad this is a hub city.. 

 

Just selfish.. But at same time it's safest from covid.  We don't have a big problem here.. 

  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 10:44 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

As a Canucks fan I wouldn't want him in Edmonton lighting us up with McDrai.

 

Montreal & Ottawa would be the best for other Canadian teams. I think Montreal would be cool.

He's not on that level.  He wont be able to take over games like Mcdavid.. But he'll be a powerful player....

 

But imagine after a year or two hes developed  and is 1st liner as EPs wing..  Horvath 2nd C 

 

Pod on 2nd line.. powerhouse team.. cup potential..

 

 

Edited by WHL rocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not bad at all in Edmonton.. Any where you go don't see majority of people wearing masks. At grocery store I saw 2 Asian ladiess in masks and gloves approx 3 weeks ago.. Other than that it's generally life as normal

We don't have much of a problem..  

 

Limits to 250 ppl allowed in at super store.. one time I went on Sunday i had to wait for 8 to 10 ppl ahead of me. Other than that at I haven't experienced line up at any grocery store I shop at 

 

I go for a jog regulary since the panic started because my gym closed down...and I noticed a pretty long lineup at Costco one day when i jogged by ...and also same at Canadian Tire one other day...

 

Never ran out of toilet paper in wallmart or superstore when people panicked and apparently TP sold out in Vancouver .. .my friends from Vancouver were calling telling me about how it wasn't available.. albeit shelves were not fully stocked .. But still available. 

 

I didn't even grab any had a pack at home. Realistically how much does a person  need?. I find it odd that's the first thing people thought most important

 

About one or rwo weeks after the panic we were a little bit low on certain beef products if i went to super store or wallmart.. Safeway it was less low.. But i always got what I wanted. And i go in evening so beef product shelves were low in evening

..

Been here since well before xmas. And honestly other than economy being dead and work being slow I haven't noticed too much difference in day to day life..btw economy here was dead before covid..

 

NHL made the right decision make edmonton hub city imo.. I spent half the day downtown yesterday and can't remember 1 person wearing mask

I'm sure there was the odd person but it's not on  top of list to look for. So i didn't notice any one wear mask. It's generally not something people think about. 

..

Only one thing I didn't get during one of my grocery shopping days was chick peas. Next time i went it was available... no big deal.. 

 

So imo it's great decision to make this city hub city.. i highly doubt players and staff will lock them selves up in hotel connected to the new rink.. btw the hotel is really nice. Brand new i was tbere today...No way players stay locked inside no matter what you hear from media.

 

The city is functional and I expect players and staff to go for walks or jogs and for a beer .. they won't be locked up in hotel like jail.. it's pretty normal here..

 

 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He's not on that level.  He wont be able to take over games like Mcdavid.. But he'll be a powerful player....

 

But imagine after a year or two hes developed  and is 1st liner as EPs wing..  Horvath 2nd C 

 

Pod on 2nd line.. powerhouse team.. cup potential..

 

 

 

Definitely. I see him as Kane-light. Definite 1st line wing - PPG+ potential. The way he took over the World Junior as a draft eligible, plus being CHL player of the year (and the year before), he should make an immediate impact on any top 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

 

Dont belive this for a minute.  There won't be a bubble in Edmonton. Can't speak for Toronto but won't be like that here in EDM.im here. Been here long time.. well before covid crisis started

. . Players will be out and about in Edmonton...

 

I walked from the rink and hotel where players will be staying for approx 20 mins to a friend's house.. And then back to rogers place MacEwan station to take LRT back to to my place. 

 

Life is normal here in edmonton.. 

 

There is no way players will lock up in a bubble. When they all come here and notice how people are living they will be going out for food and drinks or a walk or a jog..

 

I guarantee it.. no matter what media reports..  here they will not lock up in a bubble like they are in jail.. 

 

Maybe that's the plan but when they come to edmonton and see how normal things are they'll be out and about...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

Definitely. I see him as Kane-light. Definite 1st line wing - PPG+ potential. The way he took over the World Junior as a draft eligible, plus being CHL player of the year (and the year before), he should make an immediate impact on any top 6.

Just a bull in a China shop. He's a heavy 2 way player..  Can't wait to have him over to see him in a Canucks jersey.

 

Timo Meier.. kid in SJS is closest comparable imho.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Just a bull in a China shop. He's a heavy 2 way player..  Can't wait to have him over to see him in a Canucks jersey.

 

Timo Meier.. kid in SJS is closest comparable imho.

 

Stylewise Meier is probably closer than Kane, I agree there. But I think he has (atleast) another gear than Meier. 

 

The real deal anyway you slice it. Hopefully we see him in a Nucks jersey.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

Stylewise Meier is probably closer than Kane, I agree there. But I think he has (atleast) another gear than Meier. 

 

The real deal anyway you slice it. Hopefully we see him in a Nucks jersey.

If he has another gear over Meier than means we hit another EP Quinn type of draft . Meier is a heck if a player. Power forward with skill.. his qualifying offer on next RFA contract is 10mill if i remember correctly. 

 

But i think Pod is a bit more aggressive..  soon as he comes over get him Horvats skating coach to work on his stride and we are laughing

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Dont belive this for a minute.  There won't be a bubble in Edmonton. Can't speak for Toronto but won't be like that here in EDM.im here. Been here long time.. well before covid crisis started

. . Players will be out and about in Edmonton...

 

I walked from the rink and hotel where players will be staying for approx 20 mins to a friend's house.. And then back to rogers place MacEwan station to take LRT back to to my place. 

 

Life is normal here in edmonton.. 

 

There is no way players will lock up in a bubble. When they all come here and notice how people are living they will be going out for food and drinks or a walk or a jog..

 

I guarantee it.. no matter what media reports..  here they will not lock up in a bubble like they are in jail.. 

 

Maybe that's the plan but when they come to edmonton and see how normal things are they'll be out and about...

 

lol that's the dumbest thing i've heard. of course they'll be in a bubble.. it just takes 1 infected person to spread the virus around. there's no travel restrictions within canada.. anyone can travel to edmonton.. you think the league wants to expose the player to potential virus?? you think the player wants to interact with you to risk themselve being exposed? if life is normal in edmonton then why aren't they allowing fans in the stadium since they can do whatever they want in edmonton and don't need to be in a bubble because it's so safe? all it takes is 1 infected person to interact with anyone in the city and it can potential blow up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol that's the dumbest thing i've heard. of course they'll be in a bubble.. it just takes 1 infected person to spread the virus around. there's no travel restrictions within canada.. anyone can travel to edmonton.. you think the league wants to expose the player to potential virus?? you think the player wants to interact with you to risk themselve being exposed? if life is normal in edmonton then why aren't they allowing fans in the stadium since they can do whatever they want in edmonton and don't need to be in a bubble because it's so safe? all it takes is 1 infected person to interact with anyone in the city and it can potential blow up again.

Call it dumb. I've been living here. Just telling you guys how life is here..

 

Really don't want to qualify my self. But i guarantee you I'll see players and media in and around town.. 

 

I'M a bit older than average fan boy. So I'm not type of person to bother them or takes pics to prove i was right on a msg board... 

 

But i live here. Don't tell me what I see and how people live here.. 

 

Players are NOT going to jail where they can be restricted... And when they see how normal life is here they'll be going for walks and jogs and food and a beer.

 

Anyone thinks they will lock up like in jail are the dumbest thing I heard

The argument to allow fans in stadium is idiotic..  

.

Edited by WHL rocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.