The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Didn't watch the whole fight, but the dude who got knocked out deserved it. He didn't protect his face at all during the fence jump.

Good move nonetheless.

No KO. Just near the end of the round. The guy with the kick got the decision. He was landing shots and the guy who got kicked was getting takedowns. That kicked probably decided the fight.

Yeah I know its still quite remarkable to have 3 different black belts, thats the point I was making.

Yes but Silva is easily one of the best, I don't know how you could argue that.

At least Silva can finish fights (dont bring up Maia) and id rather see a fighter get "schooled" and pull off an exciting submission than land jabs and takedowns for 25 minutes. Which is what ive seen in the last 75 minutes of GSP.

I'm not saying that Silva is better than GSP but he is definately more exciting to watch and as a fight fan thats what I care about the most.

Your talking like this GSP vs silva fight is gonna happen when it wont.

Silva is one of the best, and MIGHT be the best pound for pound fighter right now, but that has not been determined.

The GSP/Silva fight will happen as soon as GSP dismantles Shields and can then correctly say he has no one left to fight in Welterweight.

I gotta say when UFC bought Pride I was so stoked about Fedor possibly coming into the UFC, not anymore. Surprise surprise he is having contract/fight negotiation problems with Strikeforce forcing his fight against Antonio "Big Foot" Silva in January off for now.

This guys unwillingness to fight is driving me nuts and I was one of his biggest fans, he is making a joke of his legacy, granted I realize that Strikeforce does not have as many shows a year as the UFC but there are shows he could have fought on more than once in the last year.

Instead of looking at Fedor "the man" I am looking at Fedor "the joke" and it has nothing at all with him losing to Werdum, everybody gets caught, it has to do with his part ownership/affiliation/taking it up the backside with M1.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone catch Dynamite 2010

The last 2 years now its been one of the best MMA events of the year. Some amazing fights, but dont wanna spoil the results for anyone yet.

Yeah, I saw it. First time watchign Dynamite event. Really good, interesting with the whole K-1/MMA rules (Aoki's fight)

aoki is a joke that first round was an embarassment , why does he even fight in MMA if he doesn't even want to put any effort into his striking he should just compete in jiu-jitsu.

well he was facing a really good k1 fighter in a k1 rules round. He really didn't have much of a chance standing. But you're right though. I dont know why he doesn't work on his stand up more. His ground game is probably the best at 155. Karma's a bitch though, I like aoki but couldn't help but laugh when he got KTFO.

Yeah, I saw it. First time watchign Dynamite event. Really good, interesting with the whole K-1/MMA rules (Aoki's fight)

I've watched it for a few years now and i really like how they do the event. The whole build up before each fight, the theatrics and last years where 2 organizations competed against one another.

The aoki fight was a joke but very entertaing lol

Moussasi looked very impressive winning his k1 bout

Ubereem is a beast and probably the best heavyweight in the world. He just needs to prove himself against top competition.

Kawajiri proved why he's one of the best in the world and made thompson look like a rookie.

And poor Sakuraba. The poor guy lost his ear. He really needs to retire.

All around it was supper entertaining. I also really enjoy the commentating that Dream always has.

the strikeforce heavyweight tourny looks amazing

I can't remember the last time i was looking forward to anything like this (mma related of course) hmmm i think it was the machida/shogun fight but thats cause shoguns my favourite fighter. But still

Overeem vs Werdum

Fedor vs Silva

In the first bracket. Thats sick!!! The winner of this tournmant without a doubt is the number one heavyweight in the world.