The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Sounds like a great Finale now.

Do anything of the other fights besides Shaub vs. Nelson have anything to do with UFC contracts?

Or is the final fight just for the 6-figure and the others still have a chance at a different contract?

I really want to see Marcus in the UFC.

I don't know if they have anything to do with contracts but a lot of guys that have been on TUF are now in the UFC even if they didn't win.

^Yea, it all depends if they impress Dana or not. If they have a good showing on Saturday, there's a good chance they'll be offered a contract.

Okay that's what I was thinking. Lol what's the point of TUF then? Just for the 6-figure contract? You can just lose, then have another go on the finale anyways.

If Kimbo impresses, then he will get over-hyped so much every time he fights...could get annoying, although his fights are exciting. The Roy Nelson win over him though was another story.

I'm a huge UFC fan but have missed it for the last couple of months, I heard there is something that happened to Lesnar, anyone fill me in on this? Personally I don't like the guy or his attitude as this is't pro wrestling and the champions are supposed to have respect like Couture or Gracie wink.gif

Bah.. I was hopinh Marcus would win. Props to Schaub though.. he's got skills (although there's something about him I don't like)

The finale is Meh..

But can't wait for Kimbo vs Alexander and Jones vs Mitrione (although Scott Junk is cleared to fight again kinda takes away the bad blood imo).

Yeah it should be a good finale

UFC 106 also looks really good

Deigo vs Bj Penn

guida vs Florian

keiko or w'e vs frank Mir

damn

I'm sure you meant to say 107 (next Saturday the 12th)....

Anywho, don't forget we get to see Jon Fitch fight. One of the most entertaining guys in the game IMO. I'm a little disappointed that Belcher/Gouveia is on the undercard, but I'm sure Spike will air it.

So far 108 and 109 look like garbage. Especially 109, where so far the main event could possibly be Couture/Coleman. Yawn City.

I'm sure you meant to say 107 (next Saturday the 12th)....

Anywho, don't forget we get to see Jon Fitch fight. One of the most entertaining guys in the game IMO. I'm a little disappointed that Belcher/Gouveia is on the undercard, but I'm sure Spike will air it.

So far 108 and 109 look like garbage. Especially 109, where so far the main event could possibly be Couture/Coleman. Yawn City.

Ah yes

I'm starting to get lost with all these #'s.. either way.. UFC 107 should be real good. too bad I work

will be missing the Subway bowl and UFC..

and you're right. 108 and 109 look like garbage.

Crossing my fingers that Sleep Country doesnt win.

Terrible fighter. He's boring and obviously is walking through this based on his vast experience in the past.

I cant think of one regular UFC fighter that he would be able to take on like he does with the TUF guys.

I got no problem with how Roy won that fight. McSweeney dropped his hands and egged him on...and boom. Roy hit him with a big shot. Nothing wrong with Roy exposing the stand up guys like Kimbo and James now at this point as frauds even if he is one too, which is yet to be proven.

The other fight was a big disappointment. Marcus totally blew it from such a dominant position but credit to Brendon for getting out of that mount.

If Roy can get Brendan down in the finale we'll see if Roy can use that side control on him as well. My money is on Schaub though. He's got too much quickness and is good enough to get away from Roy on the ground.

I notice that SN Pacific in their infinite wisdom have scheduled this to show at 11pm...is that normal for them?

Edited by Donky

Sportsnet is a horrible channel. I mean come on, they have to show Sportsnet Connected 75 times a day so of course other shows get pushed around.

It's getting pushed back for the BC high school football championship, Allaccess rampage jackson! wtf and SNConnected...just brutal.

Rampage is coming back to the UFC.

Totally did not see this coming. :rolleyes:

I hope Rashad wins next week.

Rampage seems to like spending time in Vancouver even when they're not filming so:

Rashad vs. Rampage in Vancouver, June 2010???

That would be soo sweet if it was in Van, too bad tickets will cost an arm and a leg.

rampagereturn.jpg