The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

What happened to the rumors of GSP going to the 2012 Olympics for wrestling?

UFC 115 in Vancouver is cancelled.

source: I heard it on cknw980. the audio vault for 10pm is not available yet.

I also heard something about this. Apparently it's going to go to Calgary. I don't think it has been confirmed though.

Edited by Innovative

It looks like the UFC won't be going to Vancouver in June after all. A source says the show has been called off and the mixed martial arts promoter is looking at Cincinnati as a possible replacement city.

The Vancouver card was slated for June 15 at GM Place and the UFC lobbied hard to get the city to open its doors to the sport.

But it appears the deal fell through because the UFC and the city could not reach an agreement on other details around the show.

The UFC has already held two shows in Montreal and is pressing to have Ontario sanction the sport.

http://tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=315955

http://mmacanada.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=864&Itemid=49

The city of vancouver cancels the MMA expo at Pne.

As the title of that article suggests, our city can be seriously bush league sometimes. The amount of politics that surrounds any type of public event or decision in this city is astounding. Maybe that's why for the Olympics they basically had to steamroll their way through, seemingly with disregard for special interests. If not, the Olympics probably wouldn't have actually happened until 2030.

As the title of that article suggests, our city can be seriously bush league sometimes. The amount of politics that surrounds any type of public event or decision in this city is astounding. Maybe that's why for the Olympics they basically had to steamroll their way through, seemingly with disregard for special interests. If not, the Olympics probably wouldn't have actually happened until 2030.

It's not just an issue of politics, it's an issue of being associated with an event that some people (and probably an overwhelming majority of the city), don't want to be associated with.

I don't mind UFC, but the last thing I want is a bunch of drunk affliction/ed hardy wearing scumbags a few blocks from my apartment.

I know that there are plenty of people that would be fine, but it only takes a few.

The card looked like it was going to suck anyways.

Lame. I wanted to go see it.

Although the card sucked anyways

The card was terrible. It was a complete slap in the face from the UFC for that card to be the first show in Vancouver. They'll be here eventually, let's just hope they don't disrespect the fans here by trying to unload a crap card on us.

Thank god UFC wont be here, it would have been douchebag central and if you get 20,000 douchebags in one place it would have been mayhem.

I was going to go. So you are implying that I'am a d-bag? Well done on exemplifying ignorance as a personality trait.

• Upvote 1