The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Aoki didn't "sign" with Strikeforce. Aoki is with Dream and Dream and Strikeforce have a talent sharing agreement. Also, BJ Penn would obliterate Aoki by keeping the fight standing and out-boxing him. Aoki's stand up is not close to what Penn's is and Penn's takedown defense is second to none.

You need to learn to appreciate the beauty of strategical supremacy on the ground.

I don't mind seeing take downs as long as the person goes for a submission like GSP did against Hardy. Fitch doesn't do anything he just out power them. Dana is right, he's not "hungry" enough for the championship rematch.

I don't mind seeing take downs as long as the person goes for a submission like GSP did against Hardy. Fitch doesn't do anything he just out power them. Dana is right, he's not "hungry" enough for the championship rematch.

If you think the whole point of taking someone down is "to go for a submission" then I suggest you run into a bus stop, maybe that will clear your idiocy. Do you realize the irony in your post?

"Fitch doesn't do anything, he just out power them" :rolleyes:

Do you even understand any concept in MMA?

If you think the whole point of taking someone down is "to go for a submission" then I suggest you run into a bus stop, maybe that will clear your idiocy. Do you realize the irony in your post?

Fighters will exploit opponent's weakness in order to win the fight. Anderson Silva refused to go to the ground with Thales Leities because he has the advantage in the stand up game. I feel that Fitch should take some risk and go for a KO.

Umm I think you don't. Jon Fitch is not gonna get rematch by lying on top of his opponents. To get a rematch with GSP he needs to show he can strike. Fitch could have the best chance at beating GSP if learned how to strike

All I can say about Fitch is that he is content to sit in his opponents guard and use his strength to hold them down for 3 rounds. It's not like where GSP is always passing and trying to go for subs even if they end up putting him in a bad position (Alves/Hardy fights where he ended up on his back a couple times). Fitch is happy grinding it out and taking it to decision. GSP tries to finish multiple times every time he fights.

I think Alves will hurt Fitch. Alves shrugged off some of GSP's takedowns and Fitch is nowhere near the takedown artist GSP is. If Alves can work his sprawl and keep his back off the cage, I can see Alves landing some devastating shots. It'll probably go to decision and Fitch will probably win 2 rounds to 1, but he'll get beat up in the process.

I also don't think Fitch offers anything to GSP in a rematch. Fitch's wrestling has stayed the same, Fitch's striking has stayed the same, Fitch is the same fighter, GSP is not.

Apparently some people already got tickets to the Vancouver event. Did they buy them through the fight club presale thing? Does anyone know when tickets get released to the general public?

I'm contemplating whether to go to the Vancouver event or not. The view from the balcony won't be that great and I don't wanna pay the ridiculous lower bowl prices.

Edited by Innovative

There's no one in the world at 155 that can beat BJ. The closest is probably Aoki.

There's no one in the world at 170 that can beat GSP. The closest is probably Fitch. (we know how that turned out)

If you're either a Lightweight or Welterweight, you will never win the UFC Championship unless they vacate the title or make a substantial change in weight classes.

Thats the same with middleweight, no one is going to take out Anderson Silva

I know people say that Anderson Silva is too big for GSP, but GSP's wrestling would be Anderson Silva's kryptonite IMO.

Anyways I think Demian Maia vs Anderson Silva might end up being a repeat of Leites vs Silva

Said more than enough times, but sooner or later, there will be a catchweight or either which fighter will cave first; GSP adding weight or Anderson Silva losing weight so the two fighters can clash.

As well, if anybody is interested, Frank Mir is going to be at Popeyes in Surrey and Langley this Sunday. My missus is a big fan of him (don't know why) and we going to go check it out.

Just watched a little preview for TUF. Wow... they are giving glimpses (literally two-second shots) of all the players, and some of them are real spoilers. One guy is all bloodied up but he's got his hand held up by the referee. Umm, he's won. There's a bunch of other guys in similar victory clips. And who I think are the losers... are making stupid faces towards the camera.

Just watched a little preview for TUF. Wow... they are giving glimpses (literally two-second shots) of all the players, and some of them are real spoilers. One guy is all bloodied up but he's got his hand held up by the referee. Umm, he's won. There's a bunch of other guys in similar victory clips. And who I think are the losers... are making stupid faces towards the camera.

****, I forgot it was on tonight. :angry: