The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

22 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Although I didn't like the outcome very much, I'm not surprised with it. Bisping probably won 1,2 and 4. Anderson obviously did more damage and looked more dangerous, but that's not how you score a fight.

He needed to push more but he laid back too much and clowned around.

This is why I have never liked Silva. Bisping won the fight simply because Silva wanted to win the fight without looking like he was trying to win the fight. Guy might be the most skilled mixed martial artist of all time, but I have just never liked him. 

57 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

I want to see Nick Diaz vs McGregor after the Diaz fight. Just for the 3 months of sh*t talking.

I'm kind of hoping Nate loses, so then they can promote a fight about Nick getting revenge for his brother. I'm not sure it happens for awhile, otherwise. The amount of $&!# talking before the fight and clowning around during the fight would be phenomenal.

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I'm kind of hoping Nate loses, so then they can promote a fight about Nick getting revenge for his brother. I'm not sure it happens for awhile, otherwise. The amount of $&!# talking before the fight and clowning around during the fight would be phenomenal.

Nate is a heavy underdog in this fight.  I can see him pulling it out though, wouldn't surprise me at all

3 hours ago, JV77 said:

Nate is a heavy underdog in this fight.  I can see him pulling it out though, wouldn't surprise me at all

It's going to be very interesting if Nate can take Conor to the ground, if he decides to go in that direction. Nate is a little cocky though so he might just keep standing and boxing Conor even if he's getting pelted.

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

It's going to be very interesting if Nate can take Conor to the ground, if he decides to go in that direction. Nate is a little cocky though so he might just keep standing and boxing Conor even if he's getting pelted.

Nate has high level bjj, he would have the advantage on the ground.  Don't think Connor wants it to go there.  Nate will have the reach advantage standing but he doesn't throw kicks like Connor can.

Will be interesting for sure.

5 hours ago, JV77 said:

Nate has high level bjj, he would have the advantage on the ground.  Don't think Connor wants it to go there.  Nate will have the reach advantage standing but he doesn't throw kicks like Connor can.

Will be interesting for sure.

That's what I mean, though. Nate would be smart to try and get Conor to the ground and keep him there to try and submit him.

But, I don't really see him doing that. I can see Nate staying on the feet and getting cocky with his boxing.

6 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

That's what I mean, though. Nate would be smart to try and get Conor to the ground and keep him there to try and submit him.

But, I don't really see him doing that. I can see Nate staying on the feet and getting cocky with his boxing.

Well his boxing is pretty good too.  For me it's gonna be how Diaz deals with Conor's kicks and how Conor deals with Diaz's reach.

7 hours ago, greatsaveEssensa said:

I am actually excited for this UFC and that hasn't been the case for years.

Really? Years?

They had the Unstoppable Press Conference today. Definitely worth the watch if anyone's interested.

Conor's gonna smash Nate tomorrow.