The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Round 1 was a draw, Khabib just layed on him like sex in a marriage after 20 years.

Round 2 goes to Khabib.

Round 3 was won by Conor 29-27

Round 4 Khabib ends it.

Hardly "dominated all them rounds" but was clearly the much, much better MMA fighter tonight.

... You don't have draws in rounds unless a point is deducted.

You can dislike how Khabib fought rd 1, but he won that round. 

1 minute ago, fagin said:

Dont believe Conor won anything definitely wont show up against Khabib again unless he goes back to the drawing board and learns a heluva lot more than he knows in the ring.He was total pants.Khabib is in another class entirely to McGrgor and all others.

You're on glue if you think Conor didn't win the 3rd round.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

... You don't have draws in rounds unless a point is deducted.

You can dislike how Khabib fought rd 1, but he won that round. 

I know there's no draws, and he may have technically won it - I just meant there was no clear "better" fighter in that 1st round.

Even though khabib was on top for most of the round, Conor took very little damage. Conor actually tagged him early in the 1st round if I recall correctly

Just now, fagin said:

Dont believe Conor won anything definitely wont show up against Khabib again unless he goes back to the drawing board and learns a heluva lot more than he knows in the ring.He was total pants.Khabib is in another class entirely to McGrgor and all others.

Conor likely gutted out the 3rd.  Khabib used it to get his stamina back to take him out in the 4th.

Look at my comments during the fight.  Just as soon as Conor started to wrestle Khabib I knew it was over and done.  He got cocky and Khabib took over like he has so many times before with other opponents.

• Like 1

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

I know there's no draws, and he may have technically won it - I just meant there was no clear "better" fighter in that 1st round.

Even though khabib was on top for most of the round, Conor took very little damage. Conor actually tagged him early in the 1st round if I recall correctly

Octagon control is what wins him the round there.

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Watching the postfight show Dana White just interviewed and said Khabib had 3 of his goons arrested.

Looks really bush.

If they're arresting his cornermates, then Khabib is likely to get in trouble as well.  They usually let the DA make the call on the high profile guys.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're on glue if you think Conor didn't win the 3rd round.

You mean someone was feeling sorry for him and made a mistake nothing to do with glue,there again i'm more interested in the schooling he was given as a supposed World class fighter.naw just a pathetic joke  he is.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Round 1 was a draw, Khabib just layed on him like sex in a marriage after 20 years.

Round 2 goes to Khabib.

Round 3 was won by Conor 29-27

Round 4 Khabib ends it.

Hardly "dominated all them rounds" but was clearly the much, much better MMA fighter tonight.

I saw Khabib dominate that fight. If you saw anything else, either your blind or a mctapper fanboy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The fact he was on top gives him the round 

Just now, fagin said:

You mean someone was feeling sorry for him and made a mistake nothing to do with glue,there again i'm more interested in the schooling he was given as a supposed World class fighter.naw just a pathetic joke  he is.

He got wrecked but he did win that round.

Just now, Van40 said:

I saw Khabib dominate that fight. If you saw anything else, either your blind or a mctapper fanboy.

I'd agree with you, except for round 3. Which was exactly my point. The fight stayed on their feet in the 3rd round and Connor tagged him quite a few times.