The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

I won't spoil but I know for a fact that there will be more fireworks for the next 2 episodes, probably not to the scale of Hardhome but there certainly is still gas in the tank.

Don't read if you haven't read the books.

I guess all that's left for resolve is Cersei's trial and walk of shame as well as that big "death", but I think it's safe to say he doesn't really die. GRRM left that pretty ambiguous IMO, although I wonder if Lady Stoneheart might make an appearance at the end here?

Edited by canuckster19

That was the single most depressing thing to happen in the show so far. Find it hard to detach myself from the show with that moment. No longer is he Stannis the Mannis.

Even Silicon Valley afterwards had a hard time making me feel better, and that show/episode is hilarious.

I still like Stannis. I know, it's weird. Maybe he had to make the sacrifice to save his people and get Winterfell. The shadow warrior assassin thing is a huge asset. Stannis vs the Bolton's. Lesser of the two evils, right?

Don't read if you haven't read the books.

I guess all that's left for resolve is Cersei's trial and walk of shame as well as that big "death", but I think it's safe to say he doesn't really die. GRRM left that pretty ambiguous IMO, although I wonder if Lady Stoneheart might make an appearance at the end here?

Do you really think they will do the Jon assassination in episode 10?

Probably going to be that kid that's going to kill Jon. Sam seems like he's been giving him the wrong ideas about solving his issues. Also if Stoneheart appears...I will be so thrilled. I also expected the Cersei trial and walk of shame in Episode 8 or 9. I guess maybe that will be a part of the finale?

Probably going to be that kid that's going to kill Jon. Sam seems like he's been giving him the wrong ideas about solving his issues. Also if Stoneheart appears...I will be so thrilled. I also expected the Cersei trial and walk of shame in Episode 8 or 9. I guess maybe that will be a part of the finale?

Yes that will be in the finale according to IMDB summary.

I would be far more disappointed if this Battle of Winterfell situation is not resolved by the finale. Stannis wins or Boltons wins, we can't wait any longer!!

I still like Stannis. I know, it's weird. Maybe he had to make the sacrifice to save his people and get Winterfell. The shadow warrior assassin thing is a huge asset. Stannis vs the Bolton's. Lesser of the two evils, right?

Some review I read online sums up Stannis perfectly: the logical religious fanatic.

I need to see how Davos react to this. This sacrificial magic crap better works. I wonder what Sansa's role is in in all this.

Edited by Hugor Hill

I wonder who Brienne is looking at??? :bigblush:

I don't hate Stannis for burning Shireen - you think he enjoyed it? But Stannis better f&%king wins!! And if Stannis fails to defeat the Boltons because of big dumb honourable Brienne, I'm going to lose it!

I don't hate Stannis for burning Shireen - you think he enjoyed it? But Stannis better f&%king wins!! And if Stannis fails to defeat the Boltons because of big dumb honourable Brienne, I'm going to lose it!

I just hope both armies blow each other up at this point. Everyone should lose there. Except Brienne.

Stannis would still make a good king IMO. Sure, he's an awful human being for doing what he did, but good men can be bad kings and bad men can be good kings, and he's shown that he does take what it takes to lead.

But for the shows sake, I sure hope the Boltons win. Ramsey is just so twisted, I find almost every scene he is involved with entertaining. I think he is the best acted character in the show right now.

Edited by Jägermeister

So like....Jorah..and they grayscale thing. He and Dany touched hands, was it his grayscale hand and if so does Dany now have grayscale? (FFS, Jorah! Can't you do anything right?) Or are we just glossing over that right now?

Also, interesting parallels between Stannis and Agamemnon in this article, I'm not really sure what to make of it though.

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/game-of-thrones-recap-s05e09/

Edited by ckamo