The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, gurn said:

I remember the first time I heard her sing  this song.  Released in 1988.

Magic Gurn. Magic...

I also remember the day this came out.  I was working in a record & CD store.  My first real job.  There was an amazing buzz amongst serious muso's about it's release. 

Invoked such emotion. People laughed, sang, most cried. The content extremely & very, very sad. But the storytelling & music off the charts. Only two or three days in & people were lining up when we opened each day. Just to get a copy. I still have an original! I am a collector; more than 3000 CD's. This is one of my most treasured, enjoyed, listened to...     

The music so, so good. Instead of being left sad? You cannot help but find hope. Entranced in its web of sounds, Tracey's voice!  Her magical voice...

We got a fast car. Is it fast enough we can drive away? 

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Upvote 2

So this is a true story above. We started seeing images of a terror attack in India on the airport monitors.  We were to stay at the Hotel Diplomat behind the Taj.

Just did not get on the plane...

A month later. Just before moving on to Ottawa for the WJC's.  Tavares, Eberle, CODY Frickin HODGSON, the highlight of my trip and to visit my sister and mum... LOL

We went to New York.  We saw Mama Mia on Broadway.  At intermission my 4 year old daughter asked ''where did da mobie wi real people go?'' :wub:

And we went to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.  There was an exhibit on The Clash, I always wanted to bang heads, slam dance with my hero Joe Strummer;

Life is short guys!  

I pissed off my muther in law.  We stayed at the hall of fame almost all day, so happy to be alive, lost in my Rock N Roll... 

Edited by Canuck Surfer
  • Upvote 1