The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Unreal match, Djokovich just outlasted the machine and showed he's the strongest player mentally by far. This guy bounced back from a lot all tournament long, even when his body wouldn't let him, and his determination to win came through. Amazing performance, but it was won and lost in their minds, not their bodies.

Loved this quote from Rafa

"Something I really enjoyed, and I (have) always said it's good (to) suffer.

"So when you are fit, when you are with passion for the game, when you are ready to compete, you are able to suffer and enjoy suffering.

Gonna miss the Aussie Open. But on the upside maybe now we can all go to sleep at a civil hour again!

Just got around to watching the end of the match. What an incredible match and finish. At 4-2 in the 5th rafa had an easy shot down the baseline to go up 40-15, but missed wide and then Nole broke him a few points later. I don't think there are 2 other players in tennis right now that could have that longing playing at such an inredible level. Congrats to Novak, and congrats to rafa for helping putting on an incredible match.

Just got around to watching the end of the match. What an incredible match and finish. At 4-2 in the 5th rafa had an easy shot down the baseline to go up 40-15, but missed wide and then Nole broke him a few points later. I don't think there are 2 other players in tennis right now that could have that longing playing at such an inredible level. Congrats to Novak, and congrats to rafa for helping putting on an incredible match.

I was choked when that happened. Most likely if he made the shot, Rafa wins the Aussie Open. But oh well, Novak hung in there when it looked like he was done for in the 5th.