The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Id agree with you...but as Murray doesn't consider himself British, only Scottish, I'm glad that a deserving champion was crowned.

He's Scottish when he wins, British when he loses.

Best Federer has played in years. It was a really exciting match I loved how federers forehand looked after they closed the roof. amazing game by both players and congratulations federer for retaining what is rightfully yours, the worlds #1 in tennis.

p.s seriously Djokovic can slow serve in hell, watching that guy bounce the ball a hundred times before each serve just infuriates me. -.-

Congrats to Roger!

I'm not the biggest Fed fan but even I will admit that all this time where either Rafa or Djokovic have been #1, it has still felt like Roger was above them. Doesn't really matter what the rankings say - Roger will always be #1.

I feel bad for Murray because he played so hard but he's a whiny little you-know-what. Flinging his head back and yelling at his box after every lost point. Argh seriously dude! But he was humble in defeat and it was great to see him get to a final again.

Wimby is an amazing tournament. Can't wait for the Olympics now!

• Upvote 1

Nadal is the king of clay for sure, but Federer is and really always has been the most consistent on everything else. It's doubtful that Nadal can play as good of tennis as Roger has given his aggressive style, which has already been shown to be taking it's toll on Nadal's body. He might not even be as good as he was a couple of years ago now.

Djokovic had such an amazing year and has really been playing at a high level ever since. Part of me likes him solely for the fact that he basically helps stop Nadal from really reachng Federer in title wins hopefully.

The one thing I will say however, is I'm honestly surprised Federer got number 1 spot back. He's actually playing more tennis now than he use to, and it paid off for him.

Congrats to Roger!

I'm not the biggest Fed fan but even I will admit that all this time where either Rafa or Djokovic have been #1, it has still felt like Roger was above them. Doesn't really matter what the rankings say - Roger will always be #1.

I feel bad for Murray because he played so hard but he's a whiny little you-know-what. Flinging his head back and yelling at his box after every lost point. Argh seriously dude! But he was humble in defeat and it was great to see him get to a final again.

Wimby is an amazing tournament. Can't wait for the Olympics now!

Roger Federer is a great example of how you can be better than everyone else and yet remain self effacing and humble , a true inspiration to people all over the world .

Roger is nice and humble when he's winning. When he loses he's pissy and cries about the way his opponent plays, rarely gives credit to his opponents, talks crap about others and things that don't concern him in the slightest

Roger is nice and humble when he's winning. When he loses he's pissy and cries about the way his opponent plays, rarely gives credit to his opponents, talks crap about others and things that don't concern him in the slightest

Orly? That's not why he has been voted for most Gentleman like player of the year for 8 straight years. You're either a mad Rafa or Djokovic fan. Roger is by far the most classiest player on tour.

Orly? That's not why he has been voted for most Gentleman like player of the year for 8 straight years. You're either a mad Rafa or Djokovic fan. Roger is by far the most classiest player on tour.

He has gotten a bit arrogant over the years, although he's earned it. For the most part, he doesn't slam other players too much.

Except Murray. I feel as though he never really acknowledged Murray until today.

I agree

Tennis players in general are not great with admitting fault. Rafa blames the court conditions, Roger says his opponent was playing the wrong way, and everyone else finds a way to not give credit where it's due.

Roger has said many times that he doesn't like Djokovic's risky style of play and he feels that he slows the game down too much with his zillion ball bounces before every serve (which I agree with btw. The ball bounces need to stop). I think that is why Roger entered so many tournaments this year - he didn't believe Djokovic deserved the #1 rank and he made it a point to seize back the spot.

I am a Djokovic fan, but I have nothing to be mad about. I've just seen enough of Roger's post-match interviews to notice that he avoids giving other (at least established) players credit when he loses, unlike Nadal and Djokovic who are very quick to praise their opponent win or lose. They have more class than Roger can even dream of.

He's a great player but he absolutely cannot handle losses. Losing to Djokovic 2009 in Miami:

"But, I mean, it's the same thing for both players. Once one guy gets the upper hand, the other guy is a bit uncertain. It's tough, but he struggled bigtime in the first set.

So, you know, I finished worse than him. He played so bad in the first set, I had a great effort by finishing even worse than him. It was good."

Class.

There's also dodging compulsory military service because he has a bad back. I just have to question how he can be such a dominating player while being too injured to live up to his duty as a Swiss citizen.

Here's one about something that doesn't concern him in the slightest:

http://www.telegraph...er-Federer.html

Like I said, he's a great player and nobody can deny that. I think very little of him as a person though. His whole "nice guy" imagine looks incredibly manufactured and fake. Look just a tiny bit beneath it and he comes off as really bitter and snobby

Edited by Killa

Kind of a disappointing Wimbledon for me.

I was hoping for the Scotsman, just to see a Brit finally win for a change; I can't stand either of the Williams sisters, so that was a downer and no Nestor in the doubles late round action...

I think Nadal is the most gracious in defeat I have ever heard. I really like how Serena was so enthusiastic after her win. Thats awesome for the sport but in particular for her since sometimes she isn't on her best behavior.

• Upvote 1