The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Wow Madison Keys takes Serena to a first set tiebreak. Serena won it but Keys played fantastic. She's almost out-acing Serena

I have a feeling that Keys is on a quicker arc to the top than Genie...I was hoping that the 2 would play but it didnt work out that way...from what I have seen Keys looks like the real deal.

I have a feeling that Keys is on a quicker arc to the top than Genie...I was hoping that the 2 would play but it didnt work out that way...from what I have seen Keys looks like the real deal.

Absolutely. She saved 8 Serena match points before finally losing. She's more patient than Genie. Willing to hit a few extra shots than Genie who tries to end points quickly.

Will be very interesting to watch them play each other

For all the hoopla, neither Milos nor Genie have been very competitive against the elite. Lots to work on there

Also hearing that Genie will not be playing Fed Cup in Quebec City. Very disappointing if true. A bit early for her to be snubbing her country

So far, Milos has progressed quite nicely. :His match against Federer was fantastic even tho he lost. Just keep it up.

As for Bouchard, she is 20. She has plenty of time to fix things.

I don't blame Genie for losing to someone like Maria or Serena, but that loss to Kvitova was certainly a huge opportunity squandered.

To be fair, Kvitova is a great tennis player and still pretty experienced. I wonder if Bouchard needs another coach with a brand new perspective.

Look how Milos changed with new coaches.

To be fair, Kvitova is a great tennis player and still pretty experienced. I wonder if Bouchard needs another coach with a brand new perspective.

Look how Milos changed with new coaches.

Genie just changed coaches this year. (Although, it was a move back to a former coach from her Junior days)

Looks like an epic Aussie men's final coming up. I would love to see a Stan v Murray rematch. Murray looks better prepared to give Stan a challenge than last time when his back was giving him problems.

Was surprised at how easily Murray swatted Berdych away. I don't think Berdych will be making any more ill-advised comments the next time they play. The last thing you want to do to Murray is fire him up.

Looks like an epic Aussie men's final coming up. I would love to see a Stan v Murray rematch. Murray looks better prepared to give Stan a challenge than last time when his back was giving him problems.

Was surprised at how easily Murray swatted Berdych away. I don't think Berdych will be making any more ill-advised comments the next time they play. The last thing you want to do to Murray is fire him up.

Djoker won though.

Regarding Murray, he got an easy route to the final. Dimitrov, Krygios, Berdych for the 4R, Q, S is pretty light weight. Even Raonic may have been able to make Final with that draw.

Djoker won though.

Regarding Murray, he got an easy route to the final. Dimitrov, Krygios, Berdych for the 4R, Q, S is pretty light weight. Even Raonic may have been able to make Final with that draw.

Except it doesn't work that way, ask Nadal and Federer. Murray made short work of both of their conquerers or are you ignoring that.

As for Raonic he has a way to go before he gets into a Final. Getting into a QF is one thing getting to a final is a totally different ball game.

I still think Joker will win but I was anxious to see Stan in the final reprising his earlier game with Murray now that Murray is fit again. Just for a change. I couldn't believe he collapsed 6-0 in the last after coming back.

Except it doesn't work that way, ask Nadal and Federer. Murray made short work of both of their conquerers or are you ignoring that.

As for Raonic he has a way to go before he gets into a Final. Getting into a QF is one thing getting to a final is a totally different ball game.

I still think Joker will win but I was anxious to see Stan in the final reprising his earlier game with Murray now that Murray is fit again. Just for a change. I couldn't believe he collapsed 6-0 in the last after coming back.

Seppi may have beaten Federer on that day, but he isn't close to the player Federer is. Regardless if Murray beat Seppi (which he didn't, he beat Kyrgios who had beaten Seppi), he should be expected to because they are lesser players than Federer. Berdych is a good player in his own right, but likely experienced some let down after a big upset win. I'm just saying that the actual players Murray played to make the Final was a far easier route than would have been predicted pre-tourney (Fed in Q, and Nadal in S).

If you had swapped Murray's spot in the draw for Raonic, and the upsets had occured the same way, I'd give Raonic a fair shot at making the Final. And I'm specifically talking about the draw Murray actually played. I know Raonic is a long way from making a Final from a half of the draw that's free of upsets.

Seppi may have beaten Federer on that day, but he isn't close to the player Federer is. Regardless if Murray beat Seppi (which he didn't, he beat Kyrgios who had beaten Seppi), he should be expected to because they are lesser players than Federer. Berdych is a good player in his own right, but likely experienced some let down after a big upset win. I'm just saying that the actual players Murray played to make the Final was a far easier route than would have been predicted pre-tourney (Fed in Q, and Nadal in S).

If you had swapped Murray's spot in the draw for Raonic, and the upsets had occured the same way, I'd give Raonic a fair shot at making the Final. And I'm specifically talking about the draw Murray actually played. I know Raonic is a long way from making a Final from a half of the draw that's free of upsets.

I think your first para makes my point. And I have just checked Murray's results, he didn't just beat these players he whitewashed them and only gave Berdych one set which could also have gone to Murray,

Anyway it's all over bar the final now and despite Joker's dominance, it should still be an exciting match.

Well done Serena! #19 and I love it when she beats Sharapova. Arrogant for no reason. Hope Genie isn't following her mold.

Man am I paying for the lack of sleep today!

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum. You dislike Sharapova for her "arrogance" and apparently have some issue with Genie, because she was in a bad mood after a loss...

Personally, I hope for Serena to lose 100% of the time and I'm betting that line judges throughout the tennis world do as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/sep/13/serena-williams-tirade-us-open