The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Sweet assist by Schroeder on Sweatt's goal and Schroeder gets a feed from Rodin and goes roof daddy. Not the best highlights and it's a Charlotte Checkers video but it does show the goals once each.

Compared to the start of the year where he had 4 points and a -5 rating in his first 9 games, Schroeder has 5 points but +4 in his last 9 games. He's been shooting the puck a lot more this year but they just haven't seemed to be going in for him, so hopefully his puck luck improves and we see an increase in production. Still being trusted defensively so that's always a good sign.

Future top 6?

Rodin - Hodgson - Jensen

Archibald - Schroeder - Anthony

I like it

That's quite the optimistic future you have there. :P

I'm not even sure it's that, really. How far into the future is this? Where did the current top six go? Do you know something I don't? Is something going to happen to them? :shock::frantic::shock:

Future top 6?

Rodin - Hodgson - Jensen

I like it

Anthony will never make Top-6, if he makes the NHL at all. Too much of a longshot to call right now but I believe he will be an AHLer for the next 3-5 years (once promoted from Kalamazoo) then gradually get some 4th Line callups much alike Bolduc, Jaffray, Volpatti and others that have been regular callups the last few years.

Archibald might be in that Top-6, it would be nice if he rounded out into a Bertuzzi 2.0 but at this point he has a long road travel before he gets there.

Future top 6?

Rodin - Hodgson - Jensen

I like it

if everything goes perfectly, maybe, but unlikely when you account for trades, free agent signings, new prospects coming in every year, etc.

Archie is looking more like a 3rd line player right now, and Anthony has started to become a long shot in his own right. I'm never one to discount a prospect's potential, but realistically, I just don't see that being our top 6 at any point in our future. too many variables come into play.

It's hard to say what Archibald projects to be - he could turn out to be anything from a 2nd liner to career AHLer depending on how his skating comes along I think. I have hopes that Anthony will pan out and become a good 3rd liner for us, with inconsistencies with production every now and then.

I also disagree that Schroeder will only get a handful of games. He's clearly got the skill and vision, and has been playing with that much-needed drive and willingness to get to the dirty areas. He's snake-bitten right now but will only get better. Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Rodin - third liner

Hodgson - Yes

Jensen - Yes

Archibald - long shot 4th liner

Schroeder - Won't play more than a handful of games with the Nucks

Anthony - Justin Morrison V 2.0

Shroeder and Rodin will both be min third liners at the very least. I expect both will be impact players for Vancouver in the future!

Shroeder and Rodin will both be min third liners at the very least. I expect both will be impact players for Vancouver in the future!

its crazy eh.. a couple years ago youd think well i hope schroeder or rodin can make the nhl one day, but you look at hansen and burrows who probably shouldnt be in the nhl right now but still manage to get better and produce in top six roles. you cant help but be optimistic about the future of the next crop

Just a little comparison between our 2008 1st round pick and our 2009 1st round pick: Hodgson had 30 points in 52 games last season--Schroeder is on pace for 27 points in 52 games this season (41 points in 80 games).

Hodgson and Schroeder are the same age, but Schroeder is a late-1990--hence a 2009 pick. Being drafted a year after Hodgson, I thought it was fitting to compare Hodgson's statistics from last season to Schroeder's this season. Schroeder does already have one year of pro hockey under him, as he debuted with the Manitoba Moose last season along with Hodgson.

Schroeder has picked it up as of late, and my hope is that he continues his current pace and has 35-40 points in 52 games (55-65 points in 80 games). He should finish with a higher PPG than Hodgson's rookie year since he already has one year of pro hockey under his belt and is the same age despite being a draft class under Hodgson.

its crazy eh.. a couple years ago youd think well i hope schroeder or rodin can make the nhl one day, but you look at hansen and burrows who probably shouldnt be in the nhl right now but still manage to get better and produce in top six roles. you cant help but be optimistic about the future of the next crop

Exactly. people forget it takes time for some prospects to fully develop. The Sedins and Kseler are perfect examples of this. All three took 4 plus seasons maybe more to reach their full potential as full time NHLers. Not every player is going to be a lights out star their first season. I really like Anton Rodin and think he's going to be a very good player in the future!

It is good to see him pick up the pace again. He now has a higher ppg rate than last year, which is encouraging to see. It is also interesting to note that he now has 8 goals compared to the 10 he had all last season. Maybe he figured out that he needed to shoot more to be successful? Young players often have to work on how predictable they are as players, so that they are harder to defend.

Just a little comparison between our 2008 1st round pick and our 2009 1st round pick: Hodgson had 30 points in 52 games last season--Schroeder is on pace for 27 points in 52 games this season (41 points in 80 games).

Hodgson and Schroeder are the same age, but Schroeder is a late-1990--hence a 2009 pick. Being drafted a year after Hodgson, I thought it was fitting to compare Hodgson's statistics from last season to Schroeder's this season. Schroeder does already have one year of pro hockey under him, as he debuted with the Manitoba Moose last season along with Hodgson.

Schroeder has picked it up as of late, and my hope is that he continues his current pace and has 35-40 points in 52 games (55-65 points in 80 games). He should finish with a higher PPG than Hodgson's rookie year since he already has one year of pro hockey under his belt and is the same age despite being a draft class under Hodgson.

And was picked 12 or 13 spots after Hodgson....

Archived