The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

------ Official Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread ------

winter

The most important thing in any online multiplayer game is balance. The guns are really unbalanced in MW2 (not to mention the stupidity of danger close, commando, etc.).

My favourite FPS of all time, CS:S, has been very popular since 2001 because it's so balanced. No perks, attachments, etc. Everyone is on the same level. The guns that deal the most damage have RECOIL and are challenging to use. The guns with less damage are easier to use but you will obviously need more bullets so the gun fight is almost always balanced no matter which guns are being used. That's just my opinion though.

COD:BO (BO... lol) should be good because they now know what works and what doesn't in terms of killstreaks, maps and weapons. Hopefully it turns out great.

Wishlist (compared to MW2):

- No commando (or at least don't let them run through my bullet)

- No thermal (learn how to snipe or don't snipe at all)

- No heartbeat (I used it for a while, and although I play much better without it, it's rather rigged)

- Noob-tube (it's a gun game... use guns please)

- Fix the damn spawning system. I understand if it's a small map, there's only so many places you can be put, but wow is it ever bad.

- Fix the match-making system. Don't put me back in the game I just left... please.

- Fix team-making. Don't know how many times I've seen the teams get split up and the top 6 scorers are together even if they aren't in the same party.

That is all (for now).

'Tenacious' and 'kanucks25' I agree with the most, make the guns have recoil and take out the noob tubes. Stop making Call of Duty a noob friendly game and reward players for actually taking the time to learn how to use the gun. I loved it when Call of Duty was simple, no killstreaks, no perks, just gun battles like back in Call of Duty 2. Nobody camped in that game, everybody ran around trying to kill each other.

Take these rumors for what they are (I got this from the Machinima directors) but I guess Treyarch said they dont like commando, they dont like game ending killstreaks and your killstreaks no longer stack. So if you get a predator, get 2 kills with that, you dont get a Harrier, you actually need to kill them yourselves. Though I like your killstreaks dont stack, I can see the problem of more people camping because they dont want to die. One of the directors had a good idea where no matter even if you die, all you need is the amount of kills to get your killstreak. So for example, you kill 3 people, die, kill 2 more people, you get a predator. That way you still get rewards and it promotes you to go out and kill people instead of hiding.

modern warfare and modern warfare 2 were NOT call of duty to me (and it will be interesting to see what MW3 will be like now that most of IW has left)

hopefully treyarch can make a game that is more in line with COD2 rather than COD3

modern warfare and modern warfare 2 were NOT call of duty to me (and it will be interesting to see what MW3 will be like now that most of IW has left)

hopefully treyarch can make a game that is more in line with COD2 rather than COD3

You'd think Infinity Ward would do something when millions of people are telling him to fix some crap up for MW2. It's really unbalanced with all the overpowered guns and such, but personally, it's still playable with myself and some friends. But the game has turned into a complete campfest, with assholes sitting in houses to try and get their killstreaks. Half the games are 2 teams camping opposite sides of the map and no one moves. Oh well, I hope Infinity Ward does something about this, and fast.

You'd think Infinity Ward would do something when millions of people are telling him to fix some crap up for MW2. It's really unbalanced with all the overpowered guns and such, but personally, it's still playable with myself and some friends. But the game has turned into a complete campfest, with assholes sitting in houses to try and get their killstreaks. Half the games are 2 teams camping opposite sides of the map and no one moves. Oh well, I hope Infinity Ward does something about this, and fast.

Wishlist (compared to MW2):

- No commando (or at least don't let them run through my bullet)

- No thermal (learn how to snipe or don't snipe at all)

- No heartbeat (I used it for a while, and although I play much better without it, it's rather rigged)

- Noob-tube (it's a gun game... use guns please)

- Fix the damn spawning system. I understand if it's a small map, there's only so many places you can be put, but wow is it ever bad.

- Fix the match-making system. Don't put me back in the game I just left... please.

- Fix team-making. Don't know how many times I've seen the teams get split up and the top 6 scorers are together even if they aren't in the same party.

That is all (for now).

Archived