The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

Are you all the same people who were complaining when it was raining in May and June? This isn't hot. Well, okay it is. But it's not unbearable. This city has an amazing temperate climate, we get hot, cold and everything in between. Vancouver rules and this weather rules too.

What lies. Vancouver gets very mild weather all the time. Sometimes I like it, but I also miss having a REAL Canadian winter.

• Upvote 1

all those things are so bad for you... you can easily get a severe cold and headache the very next day.

Well I never got a headache or anything like that, so I guess am different. Aside from maybe wrapping a wet towel around your head with a fan over your head, everything else shouldn't give you a severe cold or headache. If you get headaches camping out or having your windows opened, then your body is a little too sensitive.

I lived in DC with heat and humid. I am used to the way hotter weather working outside for the summer in the area. Now, I am in back home in B.C. and this weather is really nothing. It is perfect weather for me and I love it. It is no humid here and it is all perfect and I don't even sweat and I do not need any A/C to keep me cool since it is perfect. The secret to keep cool is drinking lots of water even you are not thirsty and you will be able to bear those so-called heat wave. I sleep much better at night with those kind of temperatures. I told my friends about Vancouver being 23C or more is considered heat wave with the top news on the newscast and front page on the newspaper and they laughed at me and looked me like weird.

It was already 25 C when I was in DC in spring and it was perfect with those world-famous cherry blossom festival last March. I enjoyed my day back then and I am enjoying the same type of weather right now.

I have heard that in DC is about 38 degree with humid. EEK! I am glad I escape those kind of weather for the summer. :towel:

Well I never got a headache or anything like that, so I guess am different. Aside from maybe wrapping a wet towel around your head with a fan over your head, everything else shouldn't give you a severe cold or headache. If you get headaches camping out or having your windows opened, then your body is a little too sensitive.

well i am a very sensitive person... :blush:

I loved the weather this week. 32+ all week here. Finally going down to 29 tomorrow or lower then it's rain for the weekend. August should be fun though hopefully it goes to 45 again so I can just sit in the river or lake.

I'm so thankful for this hot weather cause of the snow during the winter.

Go sleep outside if you are hot. Some of my neighbors have put up a tent in their backyards and the night breeze is pretty cool.

lol i live in an apartment and i dont think a tent would fit on the patio. even if it does my landlord wouldnt like it. i guess i can sleep on an office chair outside :P

Are you all the same people who were complaining when it was raining in May and June? This isn't hot. Well, okay it is. But it's not unbearable. This city has an amazing temperate climate, we get hot, cold and everything in between. Vancouver rules and this weather rules too.

Couldn't agree more.

Heat waves need high humidity.

I think the worst heat wave I experienced in Canada was two days after a tropical storm went through. Full sun out, high pressure and yet the water hadn't evaporated in time. It smelled nasty and I couldn't breathe outside.

And then I traveled to Asia.

I hear Montreal is brutal right now.

Yup. And my room is ridiculous... Keeps the hot air in and the less hot air outside out!

At least the storm yesterday relieved some of the heat. Apparently it still feels like 35 though... Gahhh.