The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly I think the Sixers could lose every game for the rest of the season. Even the Bucks beat them by 20 and posted 130 points. The Bucks have no chance at holding that last seat.

However even if the Sixers lost the lotto I would be happy with any of Embiid, Wiggins, or Parker. Each would fit in. MCW being a point guard and Nerlens being a PF/C but likely preferred as a PF. Embiid gives a true center while Wiggins and Parker would give a true scorer. Of course assuming they aren't busts.

Not to mention the Sixers also have the Pelicans first round pick as long as it is not in the top 5 and the Pelicans are in 11th to last with 3 wins in the last 10 if I am not mistaken. Could get another top 10 pick.

Ether way I am excited for the Sixers finally turning things around with all of these high profile picks.

I think CDC needs to learn how it feels to cheer for a truly crappy team (no offense, more like I'm sorry for your loss); how's the fan-base in Philly holding up? I think if it got that bad here they would've asked for Gillis and Torts to be let go after the losing streak reaches double digits.

• 3 weeks later...

NBA Playoffs have been surprisingly very good and competitive in the first round.

Measuring up to the excellent NHL first round. Maybe this bracket system the NHL copied from the NBA really is the way to go.

Emphasis on divisional match ups create intense rivalries, easy to attract fan interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has offered $2 BILLION dollars for the LA Clippers.

He knows its the Clippers not the Lakers right?

From TSN.ca

The Los Angeles Clippers could be on the verge of changing ownership, as the Los Angeles Times is reporting that former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer has won a bidding war for the team with a $2 billion offer that would be a record-setting price for an NBA franchise.

Ballmer was a Microsoft CEO for 14 years and reportedly defeated bids from groups that included music mogul David Geffen and executives from the Guggenheim Group; the current owners of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The current record is the $550 million price tag that was fetched in the sale of the Milwaukee Bucks earlier this month.

The tentative sale agreement, which the report indicates was reached with Clippers co-owner Shelly Sterling, would still need the approval of Donald Sterling before it can be completed.

The new owners would then need to be approved by the 29 other NBA owners before the sale can be completed.

The LA Times report states that Ballmer has an estimated net worth of $20 billion and did not seek partners to help finance the bid.

The sale would bring to an end a saga that began when a recording surfaced of Donald Sterling making racist remarks to his girlfriend on the phone.

He was subsequently banned from the NBA for life by commissioner Adam Silver and the process to remove him from ownership was set in motion.

The NBA has a hearing scheduled in five days to vote on whether or not to strip Sterling of his ownership and force a sale of the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived