The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NBA Thread

EvoLu7ioN

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Somewhere over the past year the Miami Heat morphed into the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers...

This probably the end of the big 3 and possibly the start of the big 2 though.

Bosh and Wade take pay cuts so Melo can join in and get an actual bench who contributes and they are reloaded with Lebron.

It would be crazy though if Cleveland picks Wiggins in the draft this year and Lebron goes back to the Cavs if the Heat don't get Carmelo.

Lebron has been carrying that team since they're first championship together. Goes to show how legendary Lebron James is regardless of his haters. He can go to any team he wants and they'll immediately become playoff contenders.

I agree to some degree but Wade still had gas left last year and chalmers was good. This year Wade had no gas and lost a step and Chalmers disappeared and even lost his starting role to allen in game 5.

Without James that lineup is scary bad

I agree to some degree but Wade still had gas left last year and chalmers was good. This year Wade had no gas and lost a step and Chalmers disappeared and even lost his starting role to allen in game 5.

They are really old too. Outside of Norris Cole and Michael Beasley who finally played this last game. They have no impact young players.

Allen, Birdman, Battier, Lewis, Haslem, James Jones. All old guys 35 plus. Bosh is not consistent in providing a big man presence down low.

They need a new point guard bad. Chalmers is best coming off the bench and Norris Cole is unproven but at the very least always hustles and plays good d.

They always struggle with teams with big guys like Indiana and San Antonio because they don't have anyone to match up with size.

Also they lack a true starting pg and any depth whatsoever.

Getting Carmelo and adding a pg and a big man in free agency and the draft while adding depth to the bench would help.

A guy like Nate Robinson would be a good fit who plays with energy and can hit the 3.

Of course they could just move Lebron to pg since he is already the best play maker on the team and use the picks this year on a forward and big man.

Wade's injuries screwed him hard this year. He wasn't even close to the player we know he can be.

I think James will stay in Miami but a couple changes need to be made to give him the right supporting cast. With the right moves signing Melo doesn't look that unrealistic.

Wade's injuries screwed him hard this year. He wasn't even close to the player we know he can be.

I think James will stay in Miami but a couple changes need to be made to give him the right supporting cast. With the right moves signing Melo doesn't look that unrealistic.

Kind of oxymoronic mentioning the right supporting cast for James then say signing Carmelo.

Watching the NBA finals this year you realize the last thing teams need is a ballstopper on offence who when the ball is swinging around will hold it until 6 seconds on the shot clock and force something up on an iso move. Not only does it throw the offence out of sync, it gets his teammates uninvolved and disinterested. If you watch the Raptors you just have to look at the change when they got rid of Rudy Gay, the ball went across the whole court, extra passes were made resulting in higher percentage opportunities.

If the Heat were to open their wallets this summer I would suggest maybe a Gordon Hayward or Marcin Gortat. Or ideally for them Lowry, but as the Raps are my #2 team behind Boston I'd rather he stay in Toronto

I have to say that I'm liking Adam Silver more and more as his tenure progresses.

First he throws the book at Donald Sterling and last night at the draft, a very classy move with the NBA symbolically "drafting" Isaiah Austin, a projected first round pick who unfortunately has a genetic disorder that will keep him from playing competitive basketball for the rest of his life.

In pro sports, we throw the term "classy" around too much, IMHO, but this was truly a classy move by Silver and the NBA. After the loathsome David Stern for so many years, Silver is winning me back to professional basketball.

Congrats to Wiggins, Stauskas and Ennis and a big congrats to Austin.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=456326

Kyle Lowry appears to be staying in Toronto.
According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, Lowry has agreed to a four-year, $48 million contract to stay with the Raptors.
Wojnarowski added that the deal includes an early termination option after the third year of the contract.
------------------------------------
Sweet, keep the core together.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=456326

Kyle Lowry appears to be staying in Toronto.
According to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, Lowry has agreed to a four-year, $48 million contract to stay with the Raptors.
Wojnarowski added that the deal includes an early termination option after the third year of the contract.
------------------------------------
Sweet, keep the core together.

That is a huge piece,,glad he is staying...looks good to other players as well.

The guy was the backbone of the team last year. Ecstatic to hear he re-signed. Picked up his game and began to dictate play after Gay was gone.

Curious to see if Vasquez or Patterson are willing to come back, but it's tough to hold onto them when they know they're going to have to ride the bench to a large extent.

Managing to get Lou Williams for Salmons instead of cutting him was a great move as well.

That draft pick though... Lol.

Archived