The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Over Fifty Healthy Dogs Slaughtered in Whistler-edited for update

nucklehead

We slaughter hundreds of millions of animals every year in this country.

They are there to fulfil our needs....not the other way around.

These were work animals, not pets.

Would it have been better if they starved the dogs to death?

Anyone know of a vet who would have euthanized these animals for free. I'm sure the operator was trying to avoid bankruptsy which would have led to the death of his entire pack of 300 dogs.

These hundred dogs would have flooded the SPCA.

These hundred Huskies would flood the market and hurt breeders.

I don't understand the hypocritical outrage.

How is this so different from the killing of any other animals?

Discuss.

no homes could be found? i find that hard to believe. if they had some quick spot on global news hour or whatever, they would have had thousands of people calling in to adopt. they didn't even put in an effort. also the cull wasn't the dogs being put to sleep but the mercy of the gun. somebody better be charged and prosecuted in all this.

Anyone know of a vet who would have euthanized these animals for free. I'm sure the operator was trying to avoid bankruptsy which would have led to the death of his entire pack of 300 dogs.

Discuss.

Discuss.

Discuss.

Wow, and the idiot of the day award goes too...

We kill animals to eat them, not because we irresponsibly can't afford to feed them.

What's the difference if they're work animals or pets? :blink: Certain animals have rights too you know.

Hmm, so because euthanizing costs too much, the alternative is to shoot them in the face? Hey, here's an idea, how about you don't kill them, and find them homes?

Animals are not here to fill our needs, buddy. What a disgustingly entitled statement.

Just playing devil's advocate Deniro. Don't get your lace panties in a knot.

We kill animals for all kinds of reasons in this country. Food is merely one reason. Pelts, population control, trophy hunting, wildlife control, and dogs and cats are routinely slaughtered because of overbreeding and the inability to find them homes. This is not some aberration.

Animals have no rights other than to be disposed of humanely. Guns are often used to cull animals. This is not unusual. Would you rather have had him shoot them in the groin first? Head shot is routinely used to kill unwanted animals.

Without the use of animals for our needs our civilization would not exist. So you are way off base and highly hypocritical with your last statement.

Just playing devil's advocate Deniro. Don't get your lace panties in a knot.

We kill animals for all kinds of reasons in this country. Food is merely one reason. Pelts, population control, trophy hunting, wildlife control, and dogs and cats are routinely slaughtered because of overbreeding and the inability to find them homes. This is not some aberration.

Animals have no rights other than to be disposed of humanely. Guns are often used to cull animals. This is not unusual. Would you rather have had him shoot them in the groin first? Head shot is routinely used to kill unwanted animals.

Without the use of animals for our needs our civilization would not exist. So you are way off base and highly hypocritical with your last statement.

Give the owner one murder charge for every dog that he had killed. The person who did the killings is just as responsible too, yet they're acting like a victim?

If your boss told you to take a gun and go shoot a bunch of innocent dogs, would you not refuse? There has to be something psychologically wrong with those people.

And I find it hard to believe that they put any real effort into finding homes for them. One call to the SPCA or any animal shelter would have taken care of it, especially if you told them your alternative...

Those people should be jailed for life or put to death.

It's like saying "my company goes out of business and I have no way to pay for accomodation for all my workers so instead of letting them live on the streets I put a bullet in all their heads".

Any way you slice it up, a life is a life. This is mass murder.

Archived