The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Great game. Great day of sports, really. Solid effort involved by everyone not named Mattocks today. The guy is such a useless ass. Unaware, unmotivated, and in turn almost screwed over his teammates because of it. Luckily everyone else was up for the challenge.

Great game. Great day of sports, really. Solid effort involved by everyone not named Mattocks today. The guy is such a useless ass. Unaware, unmotivated, and in turn almost screwed over his teammates because of it. Luckily everyone else was up for the challenge.

I agree..he has to go...get rid of him and a few other high round useless types named Salgado and we arent looking that bad,,might even get a decent return.

Just bench Mattocks next game. That's all I ask.

He was only in the starting 11 because Hurtado was under the weather.

Nothing he did yesterday is going to make Robinson think that he should start him again on Wednesday. The big question is whether Manneh starts, or if his pace more effective after an hour and the opposing defenders a bit tired.

If it was up to me, I'd keep yesterday's starters, but have Hurtado in, instead of Mattocks.

He was only in the starting 11 because Hurtado was under the weather.

Nothing he did yesterday is going to make Robinson think that he should start him again on Wednesday. The big question is whether Manneh starts, or if his pace more effective after an hour and the opposing defenders a bit tired.

If it was up to me, I'd keep yesterday's starters, but have Hurtado in, instead of Mattocks.

Exactly this. Manneh will be best utilized as a super sub. It's hard to keep up with his pace but even harder after you've been running around the pitch for an hour. Last night was so awesome. There was so much nervous energy in the stands and the roof almost came off when Waston scored

Haters gonna hate...

If you had actually watched the match, Felipe on the ground didn't dive. He was stomped on which

was clearly a red card. If you have ever actually played in a competitive match, getting stomped on

your toes by soccer cleats hurts like a bitch.

The TFC goalkeeper was lifting him up not because he was faking injury,.. but because he was taking his

sweet old time to get up.. He was time wasting and running the clock down..

That clip had nothing to do with diving, if you actually knew what happened,.. but the hater will

automatically just resort to "oh soccer sucks... see."

Diving or flopping sometimes happens in Baseball, NBA, NFL and sometimes hockey,.. yet nobody ever says anything when that happens.

This sums up Soccer nicely. :lol:

a5N1nMV_460sa_v1.gif

Edited by NuksCaps

If Whitecaps are up by a goal in a must win situation with 3 minutes left and they take their time,.. i have absolutely no issues with it. Its called playing intelligently and every successful team knows how to close off a match in the last minutes to get a win.

It sucks when another team does it to you,.. but I have no issues at all doing it the other way if it means 3 points or getting into the

next round of playoffs. Its not considered cheating. Its a tactic any "smart" team up by 1 goal in a must win situation would implement.

Time-wasting is just as bad as faking. That's not a great defense.