The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

What a load of shit. You can't pull that shit in the 84th minute of a playoff game.

Before that I was going to come in and say this ref was making a case in favour of diving, missing all these calls when the caps stayed on their feet, and continually rewarding Dallas players for collapsing in a heap.

... but he gave us all something oh so worse to complain about, like deciding the result altogether on his own.

And Jason de vos, great commentating, lol.

What a load of crap. You can't pull that crap in the 84th minute of a playoff game.

Before that I was going to come in and say this ref was making a case in favour of diving, missing all these calls when the caps stayed on their feet, and continually rewarding Dallas players for collapsing in a heap.

... but he gave us all something oh so worse to complain about, like deciding the result altogether on his own.

And Jason de vos, great commentating, lol.

This guy is horrible..comes across so righteous and all knowing..cant stand the guy.

Even if that penalty hadn't been called, still possible we lose in OT or penalties but would still rather have the opportunity.

I think the handball rule in soccer should be treated the same way as a goal off a players skate in hockey. Differentiate between deliberate handball ("distinct kicking motion" in hockey) and incidental handball.

Even if that penalty hadn't been called, still possible we lose in OT or penalties but would still rather have the opportunity.

I think the handball rule in soccer should be treated the same way as a goal off a players skate in hockey. Differentiate between deliberate handball ("distinct kicking motion" in hockey) and incidental handball.

In recent years it has been. Not tonight however.

Rough way to end the season, but I'm proud of the boys. It was a fun and eventful season at least, can't wait to see what they can accomplish next season! Bring in a decent striker!

I agree but it's too early for me to take positives. The boys should still be playing (maybe in extra time as we speak). Awful way to end the campaign.

It is. The rule is that "A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)."

There are basically two ways that it can be seen as deliberate. Either the player intentionally touches the ball (Waston didn't have time as he was expecting the ball to be deflected off Koffie's head) or he has his hands in an unnatural position (Waston's hands were by his side). I think it was "ball to hand" Waston's hand was by his side, he didn't move it towards the ball or have enough time to move it away.

Rough way to end the season, but I'm proud of the boys. It was a fun and eventful season at least, can't wait to see what they can accomplish next season! Bring in a decent striker!

I probably agree with you but, right now, my mind is occupied with visions of hitting that ref on the snout with a rolled up newspaper

I probably agree with you but, right now, my mind is occupied with visions of hitting that ref on the snout with a rolled up newspaper

I'm with you. Anyone who follows this thread knows I'm very high on this club under Robinson. Maybe I've changed some people's minds along the way too?

But that means nothing right now. I'm posses and can't think past this match at the moment. All I'm reminded of is why the MLS is a sad league.