The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

@mlstransfers Palermo and Marseille are hot on MLS talent. Fabian Castillo, Bill Hamid, Matias Laba all being looked at.

no frack off

Oh God. Losing Laba would leave a huge hole for us in the midfield.

Interesting and not surprising. As MLS grows more successful, I see more and more player movement happening from MLS to Europe. Makes a lot of sense for MLS players, especially those from Central and South America, to use the MLS as a stepping stone to the European leagues. And it makes sense for European teams to let MLS teams do the scouting in South America in order to find some gems.

I just hope MLS doesn't eventually become a feeder league.

Edited by MJDDawg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They keep talking about the Caps in CONCACAF league/cup play this year...am I missing something ..I thought the Impact won the Amway Cup and got that right?????

No. They changed it last year so that the Canadian team that accumulated the most points in the MLS would represent the nation,

No. They changed it last year so that the Canadian team that accumulated the most points in the MLS would represent the nation,

This is only a temporary change because the Women's World Cup will force the Canadian Championship this year to start in July. Whoever wins the 2015 tournament will enter the 2016-17 Champions League and so forth.

The 2015 edition of the Amway Canadian Championship will shift timeframe to be played in July and August, after the completion of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015TM and respecting the CONCACAF Gold Cup dates. The champion of the 2015 Amway Canadian Championship will represent Canada in the 2016/2017 CONCACAF Champions League.

Starting in 2016 and for subsequent editions, the Amway Canadian Championship will resume its format and be played in the new, more club and fan friendly timeframe of June and July, with the winner representing Canada in the following season of the CONCACAF Champions League.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-annonce-un-nouveau-calendrier-pour-les-prochaines-%C3%A9ditions-du-championnat-canadien-amway-p156082&language=en

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Upvote 1

This is only a temporary change because the Women's World Cup will force the Canadian Championship this year to start in July. Whoever wins the 2015 tournament will enter the 2016-17 Champions League and so forth.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-annonce-un-nouveau-calendrier-pour-les-prochaines-%C3%A9ditions-du-championnat-canadien-amway-p156082&language=en

Ah, that makes sense.

Thanks for all the info guys..im clear now.

I'm not a big fan of that faded incremental colouring.

I like the 1st gen MLS version the most.... of course, that's the one I have, so I might be a bit biased, lol.

Also.... I did hear on the radio about something regarding the MLS CBA or something? Haven't heard anything about on TEAM radio, but CISL had a piece about it a few days back.

Edited by Lancaster

This play by play guy needs to work on his volume control. When it's regular play, I can barely hear him (so I turn up the volume), when someone scores or has a good chance, he blasts out my eardrums.