The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Just saw that on Weber's twitter.

Good move by the Caps imo. While I have misgivings about paying a 34 year old $250K (reportedly), this is the type of player we've been missing up top for a long time. Can't wait for the season to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Gershon Koffie has been traded to the New England Revolution for allocation money, according to Fox Soccer reporter Kyle McCarthy.

Koffie has been a Whitecap since the club launched in 2011. The Ghanaian midfielder has appeared 136 times for the Caps, including playoff appearances in 2012 and 2015.

He scored nine goals and added seven assists in his time in Vancouver.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, canucks3322 said:

Anyone else pumped to see the Whitecaps finally back?!!!!

Damn right. Been waiting all winter.

With the Canucks looking like they're going to be bad for a few years and the Lions, well I'm not sure what we have in the Lions, I think this team has the ability to make some big gains in this market. Maybe even see removal of the tarps from the seats on the lower level. 

Lot's of must see games...all Cascadia games, Toronto, Montreal (even without Didier this weakend), Pirlo, Villa, & Lampard with NYFC, the Galaxy with Gerard, Keane, dos Santo, Cole, de Jong...man that team could be fun to watch. 

Can't wait til Sunday.

Edited by MJDDawg
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Damn right. Been waiting all winter.

With the Canucks looking like they're going to be bad for a few years and the Lions, well I'm not sure what we have in the Lions, I think this team has the ability to make some big gains in this market. Maybe even see removal of the tarps from the seats on the lower level. 

Lot's of must see games...all Cascadia games, Toronto, Montreal (even without Didier this weakend), Pirlo, Villa, & Lampard with NYFC, the Galaxy with Gerard, Keane, dos Santo, Cole, de Jong...man that team could be fun to watch. 

Can't wait til Sunday.

Exactly!!! hopefully the young guns will keep progressing... and what I love about our team is we don't need the typical all star or former star in Europe.

Robbo's done an excellent job of bringing in some much needed scoring depth and creativity. Stoked to see guys like Bolanos, Perez, Aird, and Kudo chip in some offense and provide some much needed creativity and skill. 

Bolanos is pretty well know internationally for his creativity and world cup experience. I think you guys will be surprised by Fraser Aird. One of the more promising up and coming Canadians and as a right back I believe he has a higher ceiling than Beitashour. 4 more sleeps!

My one worry about this team is health.

• Looks like Kekuta still hasn't fully recovered from his ankle injury last fall so he could start slowly this season.
  • Morales's health has been a question mark since he got here and already he's missed practice this week after a very good last game in Portland.
  • Kudo has been fighting a non-soccer related "injury" all preseason so he may take a while to get up to speed.
  • Dean, while not a starter, has been on crutches this week waiting for an MRI.

Here's hoping that our new depth will start paying dividends right away. Can't wait til Sunday.

I can support this offence by committee that they're trying, granted that they don't just go with that one striker system. I don't know what they're plans will be, but that that would be some bad soccer.

Was disappointed with the result. Lots of positives to take out of the game but the offense is definitely gonna need some time to gel with the new additions we've brought in. The only change I'd make is take out Aird and put in Jordan Smith. 

It's only one game and i'm confident the boys will bounce back next game. 

Edited by buddyguy