The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

True about Hartnell.

The other factors I would put in that trade would be the length of his contract VS OELs. OELs rights will be retained longer and, if you consider the risk with UFAs, its always a gamble to trade youth. Also, even though Philly is a great playoff bet, something tells me that he may be the next to go after Carter and Richards.

I must say, OEL really, really impressed me at the All-star game last year. He was as smooth and cool as anyone in the shoot out competition. He and Karlsson are very poised young D-men. Sweden is going to be set in international play for 15 years with those two, Hedman and Larson.

As damoose said, it was a good trade for both. If you know OTTS's M.O., hide your good young d-men. He's coming after then.

Why would you have a bias towards Tim Erixon? Rangers fan?

I think he'll be good, but he won't be in-the-Olympics-at-age-23 good like the other defencemen.

And to be honest, I don't think they'd go with that many young offensive defencemen. There will probably be some vets like Doug Murray, Jonny Oduya and Jonathan Ericsson will be in the mix as well.

I take the tandem as a whole over other tandems.....much like the Sedins.

The sum is greater than its parts.

In 2009-10, they were fantastic, sure. But last year? Seabrook was even, Keith a -1. Their play dropped off big time. Still both great defenceman, but Canada's top pairing? If its the 2009-10 version, I'm okay with that. If it's last years version, we're in trouble.

They were hyped up a lot. It's like Jonathan Toews. Fantastic player, all around player, leader, he can do it all. Sure. But the way people praise him, you'd think he was one of the best ever. Like I said, fabulous player and you want him on your team. But he's never broken 80 points, 76 is his career high.

The same could be said about Ryan Kesler. Everyone around here knows I love Ryan Kesler, he's my favourite player. He's a very similar player to Toews in all respects, but you don't see Kesler in many 'best player in the league' polls anywhere.

Heck, all things being equal, I'd take Kesler over Toews (not by much). Really only because they're so similar, but Kesler hasn't had a concussion, and his cap hit is much friendlier. Sure Toews is Canadian, but Kesler is from Livonia Michigan. Other than being from Minnesota, that's about as close to Canadian without being Canadian as you can get. :P

In 2009-10, they were fantastic, sure. But last year? Seabrook was even, Keith a -1. Their play dropped off big time. Still both great defenceman, but Canada's top pairing? If its the 2009-10 version, I'm okay with that. If it's last years version, we're in trouble.

They were hyped up a lot.

The St.Louis Blues wants to welcome Jesse Winchester to our Organisation.

"Jesse brings more depth to our Bottom Lines and i guess he is a good addition to our Team"

Another Blues Player just says Good Bye...Lee Sweatt has announced that he retires from Hockey.

"I´m a little bit shocked cuz i thought he will get some shots on the Team..so his decision is a huge surpise for everyone...we want to wish him all the best for his Future."

Slow and steady wins the race.

If all the free agency was done now all we'd have are the odd trade here or there to look forward to.

I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

In my eyes perfection would be 1 or maybe 2 signings a day and 3 or 4 on fridays saturdays and sundays. That leaves a little bit of time before the season starts to tweak our rosters with some trades.

Archived