The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Hey, I was just wondering how come hockey and things never grew to have the same songs and chanting that football games have over here?

Being at a game on Saturday and watching a game on tele tonight; it really creates a hell of an atmosphere

My favourite song at the moment is:

"I wanna go home, I wanna go hommmmeeee, [place name]'s a ****hole I wanna go hommmmmmme"

Why does stuff like that not happen over the pond? There's nothing better than being at an away game and having your 1000 fans out sing the other 15-20,000 people in the stadium xD

Hey, I was just wondering how come hockey and things never grew to have the same songs and chanting that football games have over here?

Being at a game on Saturday and watching a game on tele tonight; it really creates a hell of an atmosphere

My favourite song at the moment is:

"I wanna go home, I wanna go hommmmeeee, [place name]'s a ****hole I wanna go hommmmmmme"

Why does stuff like that not happen over the pond? There's nothing better than being at an away game and having your 1000 fans out sing the other 15-20,000 people in the stadium xD

That really made me laugh...but yeah i find it odd that we don't have team specific chants like Manchester United and stuff. I suspect it is the north american 'spectator'. We are so used to watching TV and that sort of thing that we don't get involved, we just spectate. kind of a continental voyeur stigma.

Thing is with chants and songs is there's not actually that many.

Obviously there's ones that teams make up for players and managers and things (We've got "There's only one Tony Mowbray") but like most of the actual songs are generic and used for every team

One of our big ones is "you are my boro, my only boro, you make me happy, when skys are grey. You'll never notice, how much I love you, you'll never take my boro away"

That's literally used in EVERY ground I've ever been too.

Also, with the riots this summer, what was weird is it started in London, and it was originally in "protest" to a guy being shot, and then Birmingham and Manchester were like "YEAH WE'RE ANGRY TOO!" and started rioting too.

An Ode to my only player on the ice tonight.

ahem...memememe me me laaaa mememe me laaa. Okay one two three

THis here is a yarn about a little six shooter, law man that is. Defense, best league in the biz. Sami is a name more feared around than most other sounds. Sami Lepisto, blueline patrol, all hopes on Sami, to take some control. Your a 7th depth roster player in Chi town tonight, but you can score big ones if you drop em and fight. Or a ten minute major , or two lucky assists, but I really want Sami to score with his fists. Oh Sami Lepisto, of the blueline patrol, pull out your six shooter once or twice more. Your the last best chance of this dirty ol' 'ore, that we call a team down on the west coast shore!

Report: The Pittsburgh Penguins in looking for more offencive depth at defence, may be looking to move a defenceman and a forward, rumoured to be, but not as of yet definitively, Dustin Penner, who is capable of playing both Right Wing and Left Wing.

Please send serious offers to GM SS via PM ASAP or QED.

An Ode to my only player on the ice tonight.

ahem...memememe me me laaaa mememe me laaa. Okay one two three

THis here is a yarn about a little six shooter, law man that is. Defense, best league in the biz. Sami is a name more feared around than most other sounds. Sami Lepisto, blueline patrol, all hopes on Sami, to take some control. Your a 7th depth roster player in Chi town tonight, but you can score big ones if you drop em and fight. Or a ten minute major , or two lucky assists, but I really want Sami to score with his fists. Oh Sami Lepisto, of the blueline patrol, pull out your six shooter once or twice more. Your the last best chance of this dirty ol' 'ore, that we call a team down on the west coast shore!

We felt we needed to wake up our team, and this deal helps us do that

CURRENT LINEUP:

Backes - Richards - Prospal

Ruutu - Clutterbuck - Horton

Clarkson - Boyle - Gaustad

Grachev - Campbell - Kruger

Johnson, Jacques

Hamhuis - Seabrook

Kulikov - MacDonald

Lee - Smid

Fleury

Giguere

WHEN HEALTHY:

Backes - Richards - Prospal

Ruutu - Carter - Horton

Clarkson - Clutterbuck - Gaustad

Campbell - Boyle - Fehr

Grachev, Kruger

Hamhuis - Seabrook

Kulikov - MacDonald

Ohlund - Smid

Lee

Fleury

Giguere

Willing to deal forwards and prospects for a top 4 offensive dman.

Archived