The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Bottom line, Miller went well out of his crease leaving behind the safety of said crease. He should have known better, even more so knowing Lucic being a big aggresive power forward was skating towards the same puck Miller was after.

I don't like to see players hurt, but Miller played the odds when he skated for the puck and lost.

Anybody else think Shanahan is doing a pretty good job ? I do.

I'm sorry but my mind is still blown that Lucic didn't get suspended. I'm absolutely speechless.

It was a horrid hit and now the floodgates have been opened.

Was happy with Sheriff Shanny's start but I think he's really crapped the bed with this one, he's dug himself a hole where he's basically ruled fair game on goaltenders.

I picture the next game between these two to have another similar incident, perhaps involving Thomas this time.

Every time I watch the hit it gets worse and worse, the hit was late, it was high and it was suspension worthy.

Oh, and for the cherry on top we have another concussed star player. Wonderful.

I'm sorry but my mind is still blown that Lucic didn't get suspended. I'm absolutely speechless.

It was a horrid hit and now the floodgates have been opened.

Was happy with Sheriff Shanny's start but I think he's really crapped the bed with this one, he's dug himself a hole where he's basically ruled fair game on goaltenders.

I picture the next game between these two to have another similar incident, perhaps involving Thomas this time.

Every time I watch the hit it gets worse and worse, the hit was late, it was high and it was suspension worthy.

Oh, and for the cherry on top we have another concussed star player. Wonderful.

"I think Buffalo's comments are irresponsible to suggest that it's open season," Shanahan said at the Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony. "I will have this warning for players: `It's not. If you run a goalie you're going to find yourself in the same situation that Lucic was today, you're going to have to explain yourself and you don't explain it sufficiently, and if I don't buy it, you're going to be suspended."'

The only thing you can appreciate for Shanny is that he didn't let the injury dictate the terms of a suspension. That being said though, contact to the head on a player, regardless if it was intentional or not, would've been a suspendable offense. Really a headscratcher here.

Generally, that is my point...why would pittsburgh want to play Crosby at all before the Allstar break? All that he is going to do is get fatigued, maybe hurt, and risk not being around for the playoffs. It is in Pitts best interest to milk the injury for as long as possible since Sid can come in and knock the rust off from January to April. A clear advantage would go to teams whose star players are fresh and not fatigued for the playoffs. I don't really know..i am just kicking around an idea I have that teams are just now starting to realize that a month off for James Reimer in 2011 could mean a better fresher James Reimer in playoffs 2012....same with Sid Crosby, 2 or three months off from September to December 2011 may mean a much better playoff performance from him in April/May 2012. I wonder if there are any other examples of this out in the league these days? OR, should I take off my tinfoil hat?

Archived