The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

The man in form Aubameyang strikes again!

I don't know that Dortmund can qualify for a Champions League spot but they certainly won't be relegated.

Going to be tough for them to keep a lot of talent without European Football I think.

Dortmund still have a chance to finish top 4. They have 11 games left and if they play 6 games that are above them in the standings. They'll need to win 7 of the next 11 Bundesliga fixtures and hope that the other 5 teams all lose at the right time.

Today's United game just proved what I've been saying since December, AdM is $&!#e. Poor decisions bad touches and zero strength is really annoying. I also hope Van Gaal learns that he does have 20 goal scorer, the guy he was playing as a holding midfielder. Rooney had a tidy game today where he was average but given the chances he actually got the ball to the net. Falcao had a static game aside from the penalty. Januzaj had his best performance of the season. He attacked the fullbacks and the possession game looked like the United of old. Now we need a good decision at Newcastle.

Please tell me more about your deep connection to United and the city of Manchester.

Used to be season ticket holder at O.T., what is yours?

destroyed

still rekt

also, is the chelsea-kane match at 8 AM tomorrow?

Edited by Tom Sestito
  • Upvote 1

why are some of you guys so eager to have Dortmund play well again? don't you enjoy seeing a top team crumble a bit and have other organizations get some money and exposure?

The big leagues around europe are so painfully predictable. I guess that's one thing to like about Serie A.. the corruption keeps it semi-interesting. I mean, the super wealthy Milan teams are sitting in 8th and 9th, lmao

why are some of you guys so eager to have Dortmund play well again? don't you enjoy seeing a top team crumble a bit and have other organizations get some money and exposure?

The big leagues around europe are so painfully predictable. I guess that's one thing to like about Serie A.. the corruption keeps it semi-interesting. I mean, the super wealthy Milan teams are sitting in 8th and 9th, lmao

Because Dortmund is honestly only one of a select few in Bundesliga that can beat Bayern. Bayern is going to be 1st in that league for years to come and that is the only league where you know who will finish 1st every year.

Liga BBVA: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletico Madrid

Ligue 1: PSG, Lyon, AS Monaco

Serie A: Has so many teams

England:Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal can all challenge for the title, but then there are teams like Tottenham, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton who can challenge for top 4.

Wolfsburg isn't really the new BVB, because Wolfsburg can just throw Volkswagen's money at whoever they want. The title and double winning Dortmund teams (and the CL run) were the perfect example of how to build a football team. With that success and European football comes a little more money, but it needs to be spent wisely (Immobile isn't a great example).

Still think on paper BVB is a better team.

• Upvote 1

I didn't mean money wise, I mean't young and up coming team who will compete for the title for years to come like Dortmund. Sure on Paper Dortmund is better because they have the likes of Reus and Hummels but performance wise this year Wolfsburg are the much better team. Also i agree Immobile was not a great signing.

I didn't mean money wise, I mean't young and up coming team who will compete for the title for years to come like Dortmund. Sure on Paper Dortmund is better because they have the likes of Reus and Hummels but performance wise this year Wolfsburg are the much better team. Also i agree Immobile was not a great signing.

Difficult to see anyone competing for the title with the resources that Bayern have. After the Dortmund back to back wins they made moves to ensure that wouldn't happen again. You're right though, they have been the better team and I'm a huge fan of the likes of De Bruyne.

You never know I guess. Stranger things have happened.