The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

So according to SSN, either City pay the 50M euro release clause for Otamendi or include Mangala on loan for 40M euros.

apparently they still owe City money from Negredo... making it a diff of ~5m pounds. Most of the more reliable reports I've read said Mangala isn't involved as far as they know. I hope that part is true.

Im kinda suprised City are going for Otamendi, I mean you can never have enough defenders, espically since Denayer just signed a 5 year deal plus he was really good for Celtic last year.

There are some rumors that Demichelis may go back to Argentina in Jan, so this might be a proactive move for City. Also there has been suggestions that Denayer might get loaned out to a PL team so he gets more playing time, I hope he doesn't end up just sitting on the bench for the whole season whatever happens.

Im kinda suprised City are going for Otamendi, I mean you can never have enough defenders, espically since Denayer just signed a 5 year deal plus he was really good for Celtic last year.

Would really put City ahead in the drivers seat. Might mean we settle for Stones sending Evans the other way.

what team does everyone support? i like manchester united.

Man United in England

Dortmund in Germany

Celtic in Scotland

Lyon in France

No one in Italy

Whoever's playing against Real Madrid

The underdog in every UCL match not involving United and Dortmund.

England and Belgium internationally.

Italy, Arsenal, Lazio (although not overwhelmingly strong), Toronto FC, Whitecaps (cuz of Canucks)

Have soft spots for Dortmund (but who doesn't) and Newcastle.

But before becoming immersed with football, did kind of support Chelsea. Bought a jersey in 06 because they had guys like Robben, Makelele, Malouda, Crespo, Shevchenko, Ballack, and Gallas, all players who I followed during the 2006 WC. Mind you, I was 10-11 so it was off and on throughout the years but when I began to actually understand more about the game and EPL in particular, I realized I loved the work Wenger had done with Arsenal, strengthened even more so that they employed some of my favourites like Fabregas and Vieira and in more recent times, Ozil and Giroud.