The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

if he moves to the MLS before he's 33 years old, I would be shocked. he turned 30 in the Spring, and scored 61 goals this year for Madrid - his career high. What would he honestly do in New York..? Play beside the 34 year old lesser Wright-Philips brother?

If Ronaldo stays healthy, he will slow down, be forced to bulk up a bit more and thrive as a pure striker. If he does NOT stay healthy, he will be in the MLS.

A bizarre fact: United have conceded less goals in the BPL since last November. And we're all mad at the defence...

Actually, they're all mad at Rooney right now, but don't think that this United defence is going to hold off against the bigger clubs. Their defending will collapse.

• Upvote 1

I just got back yesterday so I was tired, I went to another pub owned by the same chain closer to work. I may go downtown for next Monday's game against Arsenal. I feel like it should be a good crowd. I also plan to be at Anfield again before the year is out.

At this point I will take the three points, but eventually poor performances will not garner 3 points.

Yeah it should be a good game. Hopefully we will play a little better and get a win. I know plenty of Arsenal fans so I'll no doubt get some stick next week whatever the result.

Actually, they're all mad at Rooney right now, but don't think that this United defence is going to hold off against the bigger clubs. Their defending will collapse.

could be, but Smalling has looked great. he had Kane completely shut down

• Upvote 1

Rooney can't be sold. He can't be benched. He'll take a couple of games to gain form.

he can't be sold because LvG didn't buy anyone to replace RvP or Falcao... Rooney cries about playing deep, calls himself a pure striker... but NEEDS to perform and has not. he'll be 30 soon, makes MASSIVE wages, and will not get better with age.

if the a decent offer is put in, United should take it, imo

Edited by GLASSJAW

he can't be sold because LvG didn't buy anyone to replace RvP or Falcao... Rooney cries about playing deep, calls himself a pure striker... but NEEDS to perform and has not. he'll be 30 soon, makes MASSIVE wages, and will not get better with age.

if the a decent offer is put in, United should take it, imo

Honestly, whose going to put a decent offer. The only player I see replacing Roobey is Kane marketability wise. Lies also young enough that he can play a solid 8-10 years for us.

Honestly, whose going to put a decent offer. The only player I see replacing Roobey is Kane marketability wise. Lies also young enough that he can play a solid 8-10 years for us.

Tottenham once Kane leaves. Arsenal could maybe want him. PSG would want him after Ibra leaves.

I don't think it would be difficult to find a new home for Rooney, it's just a matter of where he'd be willing to play

wee

heh

also if Rooney was going to leave united at any point in his life to a club other than Everton, it'd have been in that 2013-2014 winter opening when he was 90% on the way to Chelsea, but he decided United was the home for him.

There's no way he leaves United as long as he's starting games.

• Upvote 1

heh

also if Rooney was going to leave united at any point in his life to a club other than Everton, it'd have been in that 2013-2014 winter opening when he was 90% on the way to Chelsea, but he decided United was the home for him.

There's no way he leaves United as long as he's starting games.

totally agree if he is not starting he will only accept to go to everton and try his best to make a europa league team again.

Rooney seems to have a lot of love for Everton still.

I think he will return there if anywhere.

I would have loved him at Chelsea, but Costa is the better forward IMO, so it all worked out in the end.

Edited by Caboose

I love Roobey, don't get me wrong. It's just that his wages are the real problem. Why don't you guys think we recouped the same amount of money from the Di Maria sale?

The wages are so high that I don't think a club like Everton or Tottenham can pay that much.

And honestly I don't want to see him sold. He's one of my favorite players and Ivan see him turning it around.

Rooney was willing to hold Manchester United hostage on contract negotiations how many times? He demanded a public apology from Sir Alex Ferguson of all people -- seemingly based on a technicality ("I didn't REALLY put in a transfer request, because that would require paperwork and a loss of wages!"), he used Chelsea as a bargaining chip when Moyes took over and demanded a new contract--convenient timing, I say. He basically went public saying that HE is more ambitious than Manchester United, and thinks he could do better elsewhere.

...and you think he would go back to Everton? His wage bill is probably that of the entire Everton roster, and by the time he wouldn't be able to make that money anymore, he'd be too washed up to be effective for them, I think.

Even when he played for Everton this summer in that testimonial match, he didn't seem to have much sentimentality to him. I'd be really surprised if he went back as a player -- coaching role? maybe. Player? doesn't seem to fit his character at all

Rooney was willing to hold Manchester United hostage on contract negotiations how many times? He demanded a public apology from Sir Alex Ferguson of all people -- seemingly based on a technicality ("I didn't REALLY put in a transfer request, because that would require paperwork and a loss of wages!"), he used Chelsea as a bargaining chip when Moyes took over and demanded a new contract--convenient timing, I say. He basically went public saying that HE is more ambitious than Manchester United, and thinks he could do better elsewhere.

...and you think he would go back to Everton? His wage bill is probably that of the entire Everton roster, and by the time he wouldn't be able to make that money anymore, he'd be too washed up to be effective for them, I think.

Even when he played for Everton this summer in that testimonial match, he didn't seem to have much sentimentality to him. I'd be really surprised if he went back as a player -- coaching role? maybe. Player? doesn't seem to fit his character at all

I can see him in France. Maybe the next striker for PSG?