The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Just an add on to what I responded to earlier, nah, we did great this window. Heading into the window needing a CDM, CM, LW, RB, CB, ST, & GK,

CDM - Schneiderlin. Playing great so far and best years are ahead of him (only 25).

CM - Schweinsteiger. Legend. On the older side but filled the need regardless.

LW - Depay. Biggest prospect this window to move. Excellent player and young af.

RB - Darmian. Arguably the best in his position in the league. Best years ahead of him (only 25).

GK - DDG & Romero. Ends up David stays and we retain the leagues best keeper who might sign an extension. And backup in Romero.

CB - Didn't get on. Only position of need we never hit. Ramos/Otamendi, both never got.

ST - Martial. Highly rated young prospect who is capable of playing. Could've added a more ready ST though to help more.

...we've done everything other than add a CB which we can do the next window or next year. Same as ST although we have Martial, could use a ready/prime aged one as well. How anyone can say we "screwed" up is beyond me lol.

wilson people need to remember will need to get some games this year if he is gonna become a part of the future. Not to mention Depay can play striker. We are just giving younger guys a chance which is a huge gamble. They might not be ready on one hand or they could have a harry kane year. You just never know these days. Tbh I think we get a cb come january won't be a huge name like ramos but I could see us getting chiellini if juve have a tough year.

just my 2 cents could be wrong. The future has the answer

RIP

ae8e2665ed3f4082c509a154565806ff.png

Adebayor...... ;]

Son always goes way up front for Korea when they need a goal. And as long as Kane is snakebitten they will probably push Son up in Tottenham too.

For the record, I'm not particularly happy with this transfer. Son is... a little flimsy for a league like BPL. And he was doing perfectly fine in Leverkusen, which is a champions league and top 4 team. Why take the risk and move here? I don't get it. No offense to Tottenham but to me Leverkusen was the better team, and he got benched for absolutely no reason.

Oh well. A Leverkusen no more. Go Spurs.

you make me feel so old!! haha

I'm generally close to the youngest in all online communities I'm in.

Started when I was 11, playing crapty online flash games in clans.

Taken to the community online more. I'm pretty shy IRL.

Yeah I'm pretty much jailbait Lil B.

Because you said you were sad about Van Nistelrooy leaving the club, and I always had the assumption you were no more than 19-20 years old, so I was wondering if you were actually old enough to have any recollection of him. I know the first year I cared about hockey and started going to games was Linden's last year. I was 9. I can tell his impact, but I have no personal connection to him unlike those who followed before 2000. If that makes any sense.

Edited by Tom Sestito

Because you said you were sad about Van Nistelrooy leaving the club, and I always had the assumption you were no more than 19-20 years old, so I was wondering if you were actually old enough to have any recollection of him. I know the first year I cared about hockey and started going to games was Linden's last year. I was 9. I can tell his impact, but I have no personal connection to him unlike those who followed before 2000. If that makes any sense.

to be fair, i think he said he DIDN'T care about Nistelrooy - but he did care about Beckham and Ronaldo

edit: sorry, "found it hard to move on from"

Edited by GLASSJAW
  • Upvote 1

Oh lol. Well I'm 20 and in school. I remember NisterIrooy's last 3 years on Utd very good but his first 2 were kind of a blur being so young. Still can recall tho but not as sharply for reasons stated by you. But family in England are huge Utd fans and whenever I've gone there, they've shown me old VHS and DVD's of Utd of the early 2000's. Having watched quite a bit there (go there about every 2-3 years), refreshes my memory quite a bit and I can recall moments here and there.

It's funny because NisterIrooy's first couple years I don't remember sharply but those same years, I remember the 2 Canucks seasons lol.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™
  • Upvote 1