The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

16 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Rose

Kane and Dembele are fairly important players to be missing, wouldn't you agree?

Sure. but I was referring to City's team selection/formation. This isn't the selection that has had City flying through games this season. Nolito wasn't available because of suspension.  The only difference was Stones/Mangala and Bravo/Hart. I'm not saying that spurs played badly just that it may have been a different outcome. Also being blessed with Kolarov's best Richard Dunn impression didn't hurt spurs either.

1 hour ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Dominated the 1st half, let them come back in the second. After Martials goal it looked like we were gonna put it to bed but couldn't finish, which we couldn't do all day. Overall it was a decent performance but this is the type of game we have to win if we want to challenge the top of the pack. 

Agreed. They had plenty of chances in the 1st half which they could've been up 1 or 2 goals, maybe even more. Next game I would prefer Mourinho starts Martial over Lingard just because he has the ability to blow by defenders and make them look silly. I'm happy with the draw but it was easily a winnable match

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Dominated the 1st half, let them come back in the second. After Martials goal it looked like we were gonna put it to bed but couldn't finish, which we couldn't do all day. Overall it was a decent performance but this is the type of game we have to win if we want to challenge the top of the pack. 

Pogba #1 shirt-seller  and nothing more.

10 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

That is honestly nuts. My buddy played with Davies on the residency team says he is incredible. Like REALLY good. And my friend is no slouch, in 10th grade he had trials with FC Nurmberg, FC Koln, and even Borussia Dortmund.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2016 at 2:22 PM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

A snippet of the Celtic Park atmosphere on a CL night.

https://streamable.com/6nfx

We tend to go mental for that anthem.

https://streamable.com/hl1h

Celtic Park on a night in Europe is on my list of stadia in Europe to visit for sure.

Westfalenstadion, Camp Nou, Wembley, Stade Velodrome, and Stamford Bridge probably would round out my list.

Would love to see Galatasaray as well...

Not available against Hertha Berlin tomorrow: Piszczek, Guerreiro, Ramos, Castro, Sokratis, Schürrle, Bender, Reus, Subotic and Durm.

Injured on international break: Piszczek, Guerreiro, Sokratis.

Dembélé picked up a knock. Questionable. Bartra was injured and had 2 training sessions so far.

Götze played full 180 minutes. Probably not available for 90 minutes.

Kagawa and Pulisic had to travel around half of the world for their games.

Despite the danger of repeating myself: I hate international breaks (and the fact we play on a Friday after that). :angry:

On 6/10/2016 at 9:31 AM, Caboose said:

Celtic Park on a night in Europe is on my list of stadia in Europe to visit for sure.

Westfalenstadion, Camp Nou, Wembley, Stade Velodrome, and Stamford Bridge probably would round out my list.

Would love to see Galatasaray as well...

Dont waste your time at Camp Nou 

12 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

United's "poisoned" schedule is about to begin on Monday against Liverpool, Feyenoord, Chelsea, Manchester City, Burnley. This is a heavy, heavy schedule and a match played every three days. I believe that United will win most if not all these matches. Go United!

Really? I can easily see United beating only Burnley. 

• Upvote 2