The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

9 minutes ago, otherwise said:

1. what is he doing touching Sergio?

2. pretty sure the ref saw and saw nothing in it.

3. I don't think it will matter if he's banned for the derby.

We had a great 1st half today and nearing the end picked it up again. Sterling wonderful.

I doubt the FA ban him now, itll be saying the refs effed up. Why don't you think it matters if he's out for the derby?

31 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

I doubt the FA ban him now, itll be saying the refs effed up. Why don't you think it matters if he's out for the derby?

The FA has the power to take retrospective action for certain incidents that are not seen by the match officials, particularly where evidence is caught on camera. This happened a few times last season once involving Fellaini and once with Schweinsteiger.

42 minutes ago, otherwise said:

1. what is he doing touching Sergio?

2. pretty sure the ref saw and saw nothing in it.

3. I don't think it will matter if he's banned for the derby.

We had a great 1st half today and nearing the end picked it up again. Sterling wonderful.

Why does what Reid is doing matter? You can't just elbow people. And if the ref saw that and did nothing he should never ref a match ever again, that is a red card offence.

1 minute ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

The FA has the power to take retrospective action for certain incidents that are not seen by the match officials, particularly where evidence is caught on camera. This happened a few times last season once involving Fellaini and once with Schweinsteiger.

Why does what Reid is doing matter? You can't just elbow people. And if the ref saw that and did nothing he should never ref a match ever again, that is a red card offence.

Wasn't that big of a deal, Aguero has no history of this and it wasn't vicious (since he didn't connect / held up before connection). I do think City will be fine even if he's banned... Nolito will just slot in up front and Sane will take his place on the wing in the derby. Probably won't miss a beat.

39 minutes ago, 87Crosby said:

I feel we have depth, I mean I would love if Sergio showed up and scored 5 goals, but I think there are others that can score some goals.

Just now, CaptainCanuck001 said:

1.  there is the question of camera angles and whether or not there was actual contact.

2. that ref let Masauku off with 3 warnings when any of those could've been 2nd yellow=red

3. I think that ref is better than mike dean.

4. Reid is in Kun's way, get out of Kun's way. That beard he grew means business.

12 minutes ago, Tanev said:

Wasn't that big of a deal, Aguero has no history of this and it wasn't vicious (since he didn't connect / held up before connection). I do think City will be fine even if he's banned... Nolito will just slot in up front and Sane will take his place on the wing in the derby. Probably won't miss a beat.

aguero46zdn.gif

No history....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, otherwise said:

I feel we have depth, I mean I would love if Sergio showed up and scored 5 goals, but I think there are others that can score some goals.

1.  there is the question of camera angles and whether or not there was actual contact.

2. that ref let Masauku off with 3 warnings when any of those could've been 2nd yellow=red

3. I think that ref is better than mike dean.

4. Reid is in Kun's way, get out of Kun's way. That beard he grew means business.

1. Contact shouldn't matter, it's a matter of intent. 

2. So the ref is incompetent, clearly.

25 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

aguero46zdn.gif

No history....

Looks like obstruction to me ;)

In all honesty though go on ban him,      we will still be just as strong. You would think the 'Hammers would be pushing more for suspension than United fans.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

1. Contact shouldn't matter, it's a matter of intent. 

2. So the ref is incompetent, clearly.

1. there was no ill will in his actions.

2. no, not really. I thought he managed the game well. def not pandering to either coach though.

3 minutes ago, Tanev said:

Looks like obstruction to me ;)

In all honesty though go on ban him,      we will still be just as strong. You would think the 'Hammers would be pushing more for suspension than United fans.

I just think fair is fair, I would say the same thing if this was Fellaini or Mark Noble. I would rather we beat your full strength team so I don't have to hear that it would have been different if Aguero played. :)

Edited by CaptainCanuck001

7 minutes ago, otherwise said:

1. there was no ill will in his actions.

2. no, not really. I thought he managed the game well. def not pandering to either coach though.

Ill will doesn't mean a thing in sports. If you did something, you did it, and you get ticked for it.

It's almost like a double standard IMO. If Costa or Fellaini did this they would've been reprimanded heavily and for good reason as they are repeat offenders. However in the spirit of the sport I don't think Aguerro should be let off the hook because he doesn't have any history. as a united fan it would be great if he is banned but as a fan of the sport I would appreciate all offenses have a consequence, no matter the team. 

And also this is what fandom is about city fans will defend him and that's what they should do. It's not their fault their fault he can't keep his elbows to himself :P

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, otherwise said:

I'll remember that.;)

Lol.

Not trying to be an ass but you see it in sports all the time. Sometimes there is intent, sometimes it's accidental. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your actions regardless and are held accountable. It sucks when something accidental is done by a player or team you follow and they get penalized for it but that's sport. Frustrating for sure but it is what it is since you are responsible at the end of the day. Don't see why Augero should be dealt with any different.

50 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Lol.

Not trying to be an ass but you see it in sports all the time. Sometimes there is intent, sometimes it's accidental. At the end of the day, you are responsible for your actions regardless and are held accountable. It sucks when something accidental is done by a player or team you follow and they get penalized for it but that's sport. Frustrating for sure but it is what it is since you are responsible at the end of the day. Don't see why Augero should be dealt with any different.

I will always remember Hansen and Hossa's incident with the puck in the air. 

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

The mere mention of Tyler Blackett is enough to give any Celtic fan nightmares.

One of the worst players I've seen in recent years and that's saying something. His performance against Molde being particularly horrific. If I were a United fan I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

This is so true... Was shocking at Celtic.