The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

look at some of the defensemen kelowna has churned out in the last twelve years. Canucks genuinely missed on more than a few

Misread what you wrote. Thought you mean't Canucks should look at how Kelowna drafted lately, as in NHL Entry Draft to WHL Bantam Draft.

I agree, I thought Riley Stadel would be a decent late pick. I don't see alot in the Rockets' defence core right now as to who we can draft but in the coming years, you'll see Kelowna pump out another young promising defenceman.

WHL in general is always known for defence, Portland are always getting young defencemen, Edmonton had plenty this year to draft, Red Deer is also underrated with defencemen like Dumba, Fleury, Petrovic in recent years.

I was excited for Mallet but seeing Severson develop so well makes it hard.

When I know there's a rocket on the board I cringe knowing without question the canucks are going to pass over him. Much like some rockets or Blazers.

Again beyond thrilled they invited Jackson Whistle but some of the guys they've passed on (regardless if every team has passed on them for a full round or two) makes me sad. I watch these kids play in kelowna regularly and it's something about the team that instills that extra bit of undefinable quality into the players.

You win championships with that quality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am completely stunned by this team right now.

Have watched a few games this season and they've made everything look easy.

I sincerely hope Linden and Benning are checking up on this team and give Whistle another PTO. I spoke pretty highly about Jackson when the Rockets picked him up and he's not proving me wrong yet.

If Linden and benning can manage 3 picks on Whistle and some Rockets' blue liners I will be sooo happy at seasons end

I am completely stunned by this team right now.

Have watched a few games this season and they've made everything look easy.

I sincerely hope Linden and Benning are checking up on this team and give Whistle another PTO. I spoke pretty highly about Jackson when the Rockets picked him up and he's not proving me wrong yet.

If Linden and benning can manage 3 picks on Whistle and some Rockets' blue liners I will be sooo happy at seasons end

Hey, can you (polite request with a please) offer a who's who and whats what with the Rockets to an Aussie?

I havent been to Kelowna in 15 years now...

Was at the game last night! Solid game.. that Herringer kid played.. impressed me, calm and agile small goalie!

Score was 5-3 and loved when Chartier got rocked by a big hit he got up and started wailing on the kid... ended up being 105 PIM at the end of the game and 4 fights in total.. Goulbourne fought Crunk off the Royals and cut him open, and fans were heckling Goulby, made me laugh but was just doing his job. But like a poster above said.. Man Merkley has some skills

• Upvote 1