The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Is This Team Tougher Then Last Year?

yete

I'm not whining. There is ample history to suggest its an exceedingly risky move.

My opinion is Bitz was playing better in the role than Kassian is & he has more experience. And we had Connauton, so why trade for Grags? Waste of a resource, and we loose secondary scoring everybody was whining about last year. Possibly you as well? My opinion is just different than yours.

History has shown virtually no Stanley Cup GM giving up this sort of talent without receiving a player much more battle ready. GM's have made these or even bigger block busters before. But Iginla fetched Niewendyk when Dallas won. Zalapski and John Cullen had long productive years in the NHL; but the Penguins picked up hall of famer Ronny Francis & multiple all star and gutty tested performer Ulf Samuelsson. Kassian is years from that kind of value. This move by MG is quite un-unprecedented.

Offering MG blind faith that anything he does will turn to magic does not mean it will.

Hopefully I am wrong?

To you? Thankfully you are not our GM. I'll trust Mike Gillis so far I'm far happier with Kassian over Hodgson. I'm not hating on Cody but based on what our team needs Cody didn't fit the role. Kassian can play on any line, Hodgson could not. Kassian so far has been able to be a physical impact when he isn't producing points which is more of what the Canucks needed. When Hodgson wasn't producing points he would be sound defensively which is all fine and dandy but not what the Canucks need. Trust Gillis and make your decision at the end of the 2012 Playoffs, instead of whinning.

I remember Weise would be the only one scoring goals in games where our top 2 lines were invisible, namely after the split-up of the AMEX line. Those games mostly went into OT/SO.

I miss Torres a ton, was a quality guy and MASSIVE checking monster.

Don't really care about Oreskovich and Glass much though.

I don't get last year we had raffi torres, tanner glass and victor oreskovich

ok raffi torres and victor oreskovich I still remember starting the playoffs they hit every moving player brought energy...

even tanner glass had some edge

so are we tougher this year here is whom we have currently

maxuim lappriere - ok this guy is a another Avery face it canucks fans he doesn't bring toughness he brings a different element

manny malhorta - still no toughness here?

and finally zack kassian - thas it? this is our one player we have for toughness? How many times will he fight in a game to try sparking the team or hit? he is just one player !

I dont know what the plan is for this team come playoffs but we don't look tougher then last year thats for sure...

also before you say we have toughness they are healthy scratches then whos the odd man out? i know for sure AV won't bench raymond, manny or lapriere? I think Gillis made a foolish mistake come deadline day he should of traded away either manny or laprierre or even raymond........... This team does not look tougher then last years team........

I don't get last year we had raffi torres, tanner glass and victor oreskovich

ok raffi torres and victor oreskovich I still remember starting the playoffs they hit every moving player brought energy...

even tanner glass had some edge

so are we tougher this year here is whom we have currently

maxuim lappriere - ok this guy is a another Avery face it canucks fans he doesn't bring toughness he brings a different element

manny malhorta - still no toughness here?

and finally zack kassian - thas it? this is our one player we have for toughness? How many times will he fight in a game to try sparking the team or hit? he is just one player !

I dont know what the plan is for this team come playoffs but we don't look tougher then last year thats for sure...

also before you say we have toughness they are healthy scratches then whos the odd man out? i know for sure AV won't bench raymond, manny or lapriere? I think Gillis made a foolish mistake come deadline day he should of traded away either manny or laprierre or even raymond........... This team does not look tougher then last years team........

Kassian doesn't hit. Kassian needs to hit. He NEEDS to. If he doesn't, send him to the farm and call up somebody/dress somebody that does.. Like Weise. Or Bitz.

The game against Montreal was horrendous. They just went around destroying the Sedins (Mostly PK), and nobody hit him or fought him? Okay Kassian, go fight the other tough guy on the other team.. that really does a ton to help us, not. I know he's his friend and all, but Kassian needs to show he can actually stick up for him team mates. He had better show that within these next games here.

PS, Bitz or Weise would not have even flinched and gone after PK.

PS, PS, Where the hell has Kesler's Physical presence gone!? :sadno:

Archived