The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Are You Liking This "pack Mentality" The Canucks Have Right Now?

billabong

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i am loving this "pack mentality" the canucks have right now. it makes the canucks get riled up for the games even when the games might now matter and if the league wont discipline the offenders correctly then you should take matters into your own hands...

if anyone has the picture of when downie was surrounded by three canucks, would you please share it because i couldnt find it and wanted to share it....a picture speaks a thousand words

I hate to say this, but I think the Keith hit might be the best thing that's ever happened to us. When Daniel went down I saw the team try and stick up for each other, this will be crucial going into the playoffs.

I personally think it's a tactic used by pansies, but if it makes our team look "tougher", I'm good with it. It at least prevents pests from trying to scrap all over one guy, but it'll end up with penalties evened up because we're not Boston.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to see them sticking up for each other more.

As long as there not the ones starting stuff up after the whistle, I don't want to see them emulating goons. Play hard and physical whistle-to-whistle, and stick up for each other when it gets chippy. I like it that way.

I love it. They're standing up for eachother without looking like the Bruins.

My favorites of us playing like this would probably be

Burr's uppercut on Pkane

Bieksa's uppercut on Keith

Booth and Burr attacking Oliver

Bieksa punching and shoving Landeskog in the arms and chest...

Nevermind, I love all of it!

Love it, as long as we have the right players sticking up for each other.

That means, I don't want to see Kesler jump into a scrum to protect Henrik Sedin. Heck, I don't even want Burrows or Bieksa to have to do that unless one of our stars are seriously targetted, because lets not forget how we lost to Chicago 2 series in a row - our stars got frazzled and too concerned with playing rough.

We can't afford to have Bieksa and Burrows, two of our most important contributers offensively, getting preoccupied. Leave that for guys like Bitz, Weise, Kassian and Lapierre who will all have their turn at mucking it up and targetting other team's skilled players. Heck, I'd rather see Hansen on our 3rd line get fiesty and throw a gloved punch at Toews than see Burrows spend his time trying to hunt Toews down, end up being caught out of position and being scored on.

Archived