The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Are You Liking This "pack Mentality" The Canucks Have Right Now?

billabong

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i am loving this "pack mentality" the canucks have right now. it makes the canucks get riled up for the games even when the games might now matter and if the league wont discipline the offenders correctly then you should take matters into your own hands...

if anyone has the picture of when downie was surrounded by three canucks, would you please share it because i couldnt find it and wanted to share it....a picture speaks a thousand words

I personally think it's a tactic used by pansies, but if it makes our team look "tougher", I'm good with it. It at least prevents pests from trying to scrap all over one guy, but it'll end up with penalties evened up because we're not Boston.

I'm prob gonna get flamed for this but here goes...

I am definitely glad that the team is reacting when one of the players gets gooned but to be honest I'd much rather have one or two guys who would physically intimidate, hit, and fight the other team. The whole two to three guys rubbing their hands in a guys face just doesn't seem like it's really gonna be that effective or intimidating.

Kassian has shown a willingness to mix things up but I don't think anybody like Lucic is gonna be scared of him at this point. If he's in the lineup Bitz could be intimidating but we haven't really seen him in situations where that kind of play is needed so we don't really know his effectiveness. Bieksa is a good fighter and a solid hitter but again I don't think he's going to really scare off a David Backes in the playoffs. Edler is a great hitter but he'll never fight, which is fine since it's totally not his thing.

All in all I'm happy to see the boys stick up for each other I just wish we had a guy or two who could do a little bit more.

I think that if the refs aren't going to do anything about the cheap shots, the pack mentality of the Canucks is going to have to continue. It sends the message that "If you go after one of us, you're gonna have to deal with ALL of us." I have to say, I'm one of the ones who likes this. But I still wish that we had a "Gino Odjick" in the lineup still. Somebody who would make the opposition think twice.

I too like to see them finally doing something at least

I too, am not sure how effective it is

It is not like the other Teams are getting hurt from it

I see Our guys getting gunned down every game now

Rome the latest with not a penalty called?

Looks like Teams are using it to their advantage,doing the dirty hit,Canucks now respond, as before they wouldnt

Only thing is in both scenarios the Opposition wasnt called for the penalty and now the Canucks end up getting the Penalty?

Only the NHL has a weird Justice system

Like the time of Marchand and Sedin

Sedin does nothing, No penalties called

Had He retaliated,Maybe only Sedin gets the Penalty,at the very least they send them both off

Damne if Ya do,Damned if ya dont

No win situation

Guest The Brown Burrows

We don't even know how to pull it off effectively. We need to be like the Bruins/Kings/Rangers/Flyers/Senators if we really want to pull this off. Take a bit from each and we'll be successful. I like what we have done so far but our "tough guys" (Weise, Rome, Alberts, Kassian) need to be the ones who are going to drop the gloves right away (they wait forever and target one guy out later on in the game...). Kassian was brought in to be a physical presence and he really hasn't done that (he was hiding behind Bieksa & Burrows) for much of the Blackhawks game and his opportunity to shine quickly disappeared.

Adding on now (was going to finish the post):

Now, Kassian isn't going to become a goon (that isn't happening , AV has already been seen holding him on the bench, etc.). Kassian is supposedly (just because he is one right now doesn't mean that he'll pan out, just sayin') going to become a powerforward and what do powerforwards do? They drop the gloves when needed, drive to the net, hit when the opportunity arises, etc. Sticking up for his teammates is one of the things that he needs to do in order to be successful (look at Arnott, Bertuzzi, Iginla and to a lesser extent Malone, Brown, Lucic, Hartnell ; they incorporate all of the above into their games.

I'm not hating on Kassian but I want to see him making a difference, I want to see him become a fan favourite like Luongo, Burrows, Kesler, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, and Bieksa and not just another player (they can be good but the fan favourites are usually the ones in excel in something and make it noticeable).

* I know it's only been a month but he better be worth the trade (yeah, it's a long-term move but Mike Gillis said him that Kassian was brought in to be an impact player now).

^ He said now, so I want to see now...we all know that he'll help out in the future but if he is supposed to help now he better. Given that we could have just kept Hodgson (he knew the system, was playing well) and acquired Kassian (or somebody similar) later.

^ They've both had a month "off" and Cody has started to produce (back to form) maybe Kassian will too (*knock on wood*).

Archived